Council Fire - Wolf Required Adventure

Hello again fellow scouters!

I am looking for advice on what you guys have done in the Council Fire Adventure for the Wolf Den.  Specifically with the Service Project.  We are drawing a blank on how to tie this into our den meeting.

Can anyone give me examples of what you have done?

a couple years ago, one of our den leader's employer, a factory, was working with some local conservation or bird loving group to make a bird haven with only native plants on their undeveloped property.  they were planning to put up bluebird houses.... so we made bluebird houses at a pack meeting.

I'll be if you contacted the audubon society, or something like that, they might point you in a direction or two..

or maybe ask a local park ranger if you have a state park nearby.

or a church.  They always need help around their grounds, picking up pine cones, or weeding, or something..

I appreciate both those suggestions, unfortunately we are in northern minnesota and will be completing these adventures in January.  Cold, dark, and snow are the 3 words that come to mind making those suggestions difficult to complete.

however the birdhouse idea might be workable as its something that can be done inside.

I appreciate both those suggestions, unfortunately we are in northern minnesota and will be completing these adventures in January.  Cold, dark, and snow are the 3 words that come to mind making those suggestions difficult to complete.

however the birdhouse idea might be workable as its something that can be done inside.

My den loved building birdhouses last year. You can always build them now and go distribute them/put them up/etc. when the weather warms up (tie going out to do that with something else or do it just to finish that requirement up.)

I'll add one more thing about birdhouses (or anything like that)

In our case it ended up being more of a project for the den leaders.  Were were trying to get it done in one pack meeting so there was a sense of urgency and rush...

& I think they all took over mainly, I think, because none of us were really up to speed on letting the boys lead. (yes, i know it's cubs, but I'm coming around to think that we should be looking for ways to let them lead)

I'd suggest letting the boys do it, kit or not.  It will be more fun for them.

Northern Minnesota?  Go find some local folks with physical and/or financial challenges (handicapped, elderly , etc) and shovel them out after a storm.

• 2 months later...