Scouts assist an Injured Hiker off Mt. Monadnock, NH

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30290940/boy-scouts-rescue-injured-hiker-in-new-hampshire

Seven Boy Scouts from Weymouth’s Troop 9 found an injured hiker on New Hampshire’s Mt. Monadnock on Saturday. Linda had climbed to the summit with her girlfriends, but slipped and twisted her ankle while descending the mountain.

Linda initially declined the boys’ offer to help, but, when she realized she couldn’t walk, she reconsidered.

“They started pulling out their kits, and that’s when I realized they were Boy Scouts,†Linda said in a phone interview with Fox 25 on Sunday, as she recovered at her Framingham home. “They were just great. They just went down with me the entire time for four hours, and I could not be more thankful that they were there, because there was no way I could have done that by myself.â€

After Linda was taken to the hospital, her emergency room doctor told her she could have suffered a fracture, had it not been for her rescuers and their impressive work.

“He couldn’t believe it,†Linda said. “He’s like, ‘Who did your splint?’ I’m like, ‘Boy Scouts. Troop number nine from Weymouth.’â€

Check above link for scouts' account of rescue and video. Good story to start week.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 2