Reading Choices: People, Elle, Time, or.....

Had a doctor's appointment this morning . Checked in, sat down and looked to the magazine rack. 

Sonofagun, ,   BOYS' LIFE!

First time I have seen that mag in a doctors waiting room!  And it had the doc's address on it!  AND it was this month's issue!  AND they had a few past months' issues there too!

Now there's a good sign of Scout promotion!   Somebody gave the medical office a gift subscription, when I asked, they did not know who....

Thank you somebody!

Now, where else could we give a gift subscription to? 

My doc has literature from the Christian ultra-conservatives/fundamentalists. He's a nice guy and a decent doc. I'm also grateful that I've only needed him to do things like pull stitches or give innoculations...wouldn't want to push it.

When our Pack was meeting at the local elementary school, as Cubmaster, I made sure the school library had a current BL subscription and copies of all the BSA handbooks in the library.  Most of the time, I paid for it myself.  My dentist's office also has BL in the waiting room.

Had a doctor's appointment this morning . Checked in, sat down and looked to the magazine rack. 

Sonofagun, ,   BOYS' LIFE!

First time I have seen that mag in a doctors waiting room!  And it had the doc's address on it!  AND it was this month's issue!  AND they had a few past months' issues there too!

Now there's a good sign of Scout promotion!   Somebody gave the medical office a gift subscription, when I asked, they did not know who....

Thank you somebody!

Now, where else could we give a gift subscription to? 

I can remember back to when my oldest (now a Jr. in high school) was a Wolf. We decided not to get him Boy's Life to save a few bucks.  He started checking them out from the school library, and we have paid for them ever since.  The worst part about it is the jokes we have to hear from him and his brother for a couple days after the issue comes.