MoosetheItalianBlacksmith, I will break silence to express how deeply saddened I am to hear about your mom. She was a truly good human being who, with great eloquence and passion, expressed empathy and generosity and fairness for others. We are all better for having had her among us and I am personally saddened that, like OGE, I never was able to have the pleasure of meeting her. Perhaps someday, I will be able to meet you and say these things in person. My condolences.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Answer to sombodys question of how we came up with the names. I was nicknamed Moose Many many years ago by a bunch of my friends because I am a big burly but docile guy unless I need to be otherwis

MoosetheItalianBlacksmith, I will break silence to express how deeply saddened I am to hear about your mom. She was a truly good human being who, with great eloquence and passion, expressed empathy an

I too, will miss Moosetracker, although after getting to know her online, I had the joy and priveledge of getting to know her in "real life" I served on her training team and helped her son and husban

My deepest condolences on your loss, and to our loss as a community.  Moosetracker was such a great person and will be sorely missed.  If there is any one thing that was most memorable about her postings on this forum, it would have to be just how proud she was of you and of all her family.  Her love and caring really shined through.

In Answer to sombodys question of how we came up with the names. I was nicknamed Moose Many many years ago by a bunch of my friends because I am a big burly but docile guy unless I need to be otherwise. And once I start on a path I don't back up.

So She had the name moose tracker because she was always tracking where I was going and what I was doing and all of that stuff a parent needs to do.

Then when I started getting interested in the forum Moose was already taken so I added in my heritage and one of my hobbies outside of scouting.

Not very interesting but that's the story.

Thank you all for the condolences.

I want to say that if anybody at any point ever gets cancer (even though we were too late getting her there) the Cancer Treatment Centers of America is an amazing organization. Everybody is smiling and friendly and helpful right down to guests janitors and drivers. They went out of their way to make sure she was comfortable and passed with as much dignity as possible. they live up to their slogan of treat every patient the way you would want your mother treated.

She had a campership program set up in our district for all the money anybody wishes to donate with her passing and she was able to be an organ donor. So even in death she is giving back to people and scouting.

Edited by MoosetheItalianBlacksmith
  • Upvote 3

I'm too new to have been acquainted with your mom but after reading what the others wrote here, I can see that she was a wonderful person and will be missed by everyone. Every loss of a parent brings a deep sense of loss, as I know from personal experience. I offer my sympathy.

MIB, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  We all will miss your mom but are better for having her insight and perspective.  Her passion for Scouting was very evident as was her pride in you.  We could certainly tell how proud she was of you, your involvement in Scouting and your willingness to step into leadership roles at a relative young age.  She will be missed.

MtIBS:   It was good to know your mom, if only by internet.  She will be missed, I am sure both "here" and "there".   I am also sure that her legacy is already being appreciated, tho it will no longer be added to.

Please accept our prayers and condolences.

Good Scouting to you!

Hugs to you and your family.

The OA broken arrow ceremony is special if she was an OA member.

We also had a funeral service that ended with all the verses of scout vespers which seemed to resonate.

You may want to think of any other scout songs that she appreciated,

heck if she was a campfire loving girl a solumn campfire program might be in order.

She will be missed.

Sorry for your loss.

I'd echo previous comments that scout significant songs could be sung at the celebration of life ceremony. Sadly, I've been to two scout leader funerals this year, and at both a guard of honour of uniformed scout leaders for the incoming coffin lined the path to the church. One also went out to "riding along on the crest of a wave", but I don't know if that's a known song in the US.

Maybe at your campout you could have a tree planting, over here the engraved bench seems popular.

Ian

I too, will miss Moosetracker, although after getting to know her online, I had the joy and priveledge of getting to know her in "real life" I served on her training team and helped her son and husband get into trouble.  I will make sure that the hugs I give the family are big enough to come from her whole online family as well.

God Speed until we meet again

• Upvote 2
  • MattR unpinned this topic