Memorandum of Understanding: United Church of Christ, BSA

'Would you tell me please,' said Alice, 'what that means?'

The Meaning of a Word....

'Now you talk like a reasonable child,' said Humpty Dumpty, looking very much pleased.

'I meant by "impenetrability" that we've had enough of that subject, and it would be just as well if you'd mention what you mean to do next, as I suppose you don't mean to stop here all the rest of your life.'

'That's a great deal to make one word mean,' Alice said in a thoughtful tone.

'When I make a word do a lot of work like that,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'I always pay it extra.'

'Oh!' said Alice. She was too much puzzled to make any other remark.

'Ah, you should see 'em come round me of a Saturday night,' Humpty Dumpty went on, wagging his head gravely from side to side, 'for to get their wages, you know.'

(Alice didn't venture to ask what he paid them with; and so you see I can't tell you.) ""

""

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a great deal of time and a large number of words have been wasted over the years in this forum (and elsewhere) discussing the meaning and applicability of that one word, "discrimination" (and

I understand their attitude. But the BSA just ended a policy where other religious organizations were basically able to tell the UCC, and the UU's, and the Episcopalians, and the Reform Jews, and othe

NJCubscouter, I do salute your patience. You are obviously frustrated by all this argument for (as you say) literally decades, the waste of time and words and yet - here you are continuing to cast pea