Another interesting article from Scoutmaster's Blog on FB; Belief structures

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe an atheist can be as moral as a religious person.. And compared to some religious people certain atheists may even be 100% more moral..  Religion does not guarantee morality.. Some people ma

When God makes the sun shine, it shines on both the atheists and the believers alike.     Similarly, the one true God, who is the source of all love and compassion, shares these gifts with both beli

So is that a "yes"?  Your reply suggest you are completely unfamiliar with human empathy.  That would make you a sociopath.

If that is your attempt to compare religious belief systems to black holes, I appreciate your sense of humor.

A theorem is inherently correct if it checks out mathematically. Theories are quite different. I'm not sure why the fact that a theorem is not a hypothesis is relevant to this topic.

If that is your attempt to compare religious belief systems to black holes, I appreciate your sense of humor.

A theorem is inherently correct if it checks out mathematically. Theories are quite different. I'm not sure why the fact that a theorem is not a hypothesis is relevant to this topic.

I understand what a theorem is; my B.S. is in mathematics. But thanks for the lesson!

I was trying to explain what I meant by "logical implications." The Hawking-Penrose theorems do "check out mathematically" but they are derived from the mathematics of general relativity. An analogy might be the Pythagorean Theorem. PT is true in Euclidean geometry but not in non-Euclidean geometry (in fact, it can be shown to be equivalent to the Fifth Postulate, so where the Fifth Postulate does not hold, neither does the Pythagorean Theorem, and vice versa, but I digress). Likewise, the Hawking-Penrose theorems would not hold in a non-relativistic system.