Touring Different Councils and Districts

I keep an eye on the websites for neighboring councils and sometimes their districts to see what they are up to.  Sometimes I find ideas and activities I can use.

Farther afield,  sometimes I'll Google up Scout Councils in cities around the country,  to see what they are doing,  and often I'll check district website to see what districts are doing.

Some are doing well,  other poorly.

I'm pleased to be able to say that few seem to be doing as well as my own Chief Seattle Council.

http://www.seattlebsa.org/

So who has council websites that deserve a look?

Edited by SeattlePioneer

<<Photos from the inaugural session of our new STEAM Day Camp, TechLab: Oceans!>>

This from the Capitol Area Council.

STEAM presumably = Science, technology, engineering, ARTS and math.

The arts advocates seem to be envious of the STEM idea,  and are promoting the idea that they should be included in such program as well.

I'll agree with that as soon as I see the Museum of Modern Art rename itself the Museum of Modern Arts and Sciences.

Until then,  I have NO sympathy for the arts establishment trying to latch on to someone else's program and ideas.

• Upvote 1

<<Photos from the inaugural session of our new STEAM Day Camp, TechLab: Oceans!>>

This from the Capitol Area Council.

STEAM presumably = Science, technology, engineering, ARTS and math.

The arts advocates seem to be envious of the STEM idea,  and are promoting the idea that they should be included in such program as well.

I'll agree with that as soon as I see the Museum of Modern Art rename itself the Museum of Modern Arts and Sciences.

Until then,  I have NO sympathy for the arts establishment trying to latch on to someone else's program and ideas.

Well I have an engineering degree and 10+ patents, I took art classes in college and being creative is a plus in my STEM career.

I think our council is okay. The site is easy to use and stuff easy to find. Our adventure bases out west of us have some pretty unique adventures. The living history program, while not a sexy as Revolutionary War stuff, is pretty cool if you like western history. I think I have read a few of the people here are/were in to re-enacting; they'd love that program.

http://www.longhorncouncil.org/