Welcome to the forums, Zachary. There is plenty to learn and among these forums there are plenty of 'old hands' who have plenty of knowledge on how to do things. Because you are still young I ask a few things of you:

1) Please recognize that some of those things that 'old hands' think they know are not necessarily correct. Use your mind and your own judgment, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

2) Try to ignore the occasional occurrence when some of the forum members are rude to each other. The scout law applies to everyone. Even adults can backslide on occasion. That is no excuse for others to do the same.

3) Please, please, never go into the Issues and Politics Forum. It is full of things that have little relevance to scouting and many, many bad examples of adults behaving badly. It is weakly moderated so there are things said and posted that have, in my opinion, no place in scouting much less in the mind of a young person who might view them. Frankly that forum is an embarrassment. Don't waste your time with that forum or with the folks who waste their time posting there. You'll be a better person for it.

And again, welcome to the 'other' forums. They can be both informative and fun.

Edited by ya lazima vumbi
  • Upvote 1

Welcome. If you and your patrol find anything that folks here have written helpful, post a reply letting us know how it worked out.

I'm not gonna try and discourage you from looking at controversial forums, but do let your folks know what you're reading. Their opinions should matter to you most.

In four years someone should be handing you a voter's registration and asking you to run our country. So, start reading up no to be prepared for that day!

I'm not gonna try and discourage you from looking at controversial forums, but do let your folks know what you're reading. Their opinions should matter to you most.

In four years someone should be handing you a voter's registration and asking you to run our country. So, start reading up no to be prepared for that day!

There is only one truly controversial forum: Issues and Politics. It is an embarrassment to the scout spirit and brings out the worst of those who post there. If you think four years of wasting time reading that forum in some way contributes to the preparation of a young person to run our country then I'm sorry for you, the young man, and our country.

Zachary, my advice is for you to make your own decisions honestly and to be true to yourself. You won't regret it.