We found out last week, that one of our Scouters has cancer.  For the last several years, he has been the #1 leader in our District.  He is the C.R. from our troop, and one of the Venture Leader.  He is the former C.C. of the troop and pack. His wife is the C.C.. for our pack.  His 3 boys were all Eagle Scouts in our troop.

We found out he was doing the reading at 8:00 a.m. Mass this last Sunday.  Close to 100 scouts and scouters show up by 7:30, to greet him and his wife, and surprise them on their way into Church.  I would put the picture up, if I knew how.

Below, is what he wrote on his Caring Page:

Our scouting friends from the Cubs, Boy Scouts, Crew and AHG came together in a great sign of support for Janet and I this morning. It was both humbling and profound to see this group as we walked into church at 7:45 a.m. this morning. Thank you to all who were there to show their love and support and all who were with us in spirit. Your faith + our faith will see us through this difficult time.  Special thanks to Sarah/Karen (I heard this was your idea); Kendall (for helping me out as lector so I didn't have to read my own name!); Joe, Larry, Jeff & any of the rest of you who helped organize - and to ALL you Scouting families for getting up so early to support us!    It was an incredible, humbling experience.   My hope (and maybe this our Lord's idea?) is that I can show these young ladies and men in a real world way that we all need to "Be Prepared".  We know not the hour or the time........(hopefully, with good doctors & wonderful science, my time is not soon, but if it is I hope to be "prepared").

• Upvote 2