• 2 months later...

My son uses it to keep track of his requirements when his handbook isn't handy. His troop uses another tracking program so it's for his personal use. It looks nice on his phone, but that's about it in my opinion.

I dont think you guys are using its full potential. It has tons of useful items.

I have been using it for a year. Came off of TM and other tracking programs.

Scoutbook.com has made it so much easier to track my scouts ranks, keeping track of camping log, hiking log, service hours ect.

Entering merit badges and advancements, printing off PO's and advancement reports.

Tracks leader training on whats been done, and what needs to be done with accuracy. Nothing worse then doing your recharter and finding out someone is behind.

I dont think you guys are using its full potential. It has tons of useful items.

Scoutbook.com has made it so much easier to track my scouts ranks, keeping track of camping log, hiking log, service hours ect.

Entering merit badges and advancements, printing off PO's and advancement reports.

Tracks leader training on whats been done, and what needs to be done with accuracy. Nothing worse then doing your recharter and finding out someone is behind.

Compared all those features, also the use of communications lists, use of mobile, security, customer service, up time (availability) and a host of other items. Had a hi-tech guy in our unit put together a comparison of all features and a cost comparison. TM came up more robust than SB. No compelling reason to switch. Nothing SB did that TM didn't already do. The lack of customer service to answer simple issues closed it for us.

What did you find SB did that TM didn't?

Scouttrack does all this and is actually responsive and fast.....  You can send mail to selected patrols, enter data for multiple requirements for scouts all the same time.

I work in the tech industry and it is clear that they don't have a big enough backend.  I'm hoping that will change.

I work in the tech industry and it is clear that they don't have a big enough backend.  I'm hoping that will change.

They don't. And they don't have a good DR structure either. Lose your data and you are attached to another object by an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis.  ;)  :cool:

Edited by Krampus
  • Upvote 1

The selling feature for me is the visualization.  I do enjoy seeing all the patches and awards on the home page.

That's a huge sale incentive.  And, seeing what the scout "could" do.  

I know several parents that avoiding any solution until we had it.  Now they periodically peak.  

The big negative is the system is still very immature, inefficient, slow and putzy to use.  Hopefully, that improves over the next year or two.  Not to mention a few more "reports" is a minimum expectation.