I'm not familiar with museums in CT, but if you found the coordinator was rude in emails and in person, that was probably a bad sign. In my experience, my first impressions tend to be correct. When somebody from a campground, park, museum or any other venue gets back to the SPL right away, sounds like they want us to there, etc, the experience tends to be good. When the SPL or a PL tells me that he contacted someone about a venue and he didn't have a good feeling, I trust that maybe we should find something else.

I'm not familiar with museums in CT, but if you found the coordinator was rude in emails and in person, that was probably a bad sign. In my experience, my first impressions tend to be correct. When somebody from a campground, park, museum or any other venue gets back to the SPL right away, sounds like they want us to there, etc, the experience tends to be good. When the SPL or a PL tells me that he contacted someone about a venue and he didn't have a good feeling, I trust that maybe we should find something else.

I definetely agree. First impressions say a lot. It is just a shame they don't fix things there.

I definetely agree. First impressions say a lot. It is just a shame they don't fix things there.

I find that if no one ever tells them of such things they never get a chance to correct them.  When things go wrong, our psyche generates enough energy to deal with the problem.  Usually, instead of addressing the problem, we run off to others and vent that energy off in complaining.  I try, sometimes not very well, to deal with it directly.  If my food at the restaurant isn't up to par, then I say something besides, "Fine."  If someone is presenting themselves to the public harshly, I notify their supervisor of the impression I got.  I always end my concerns with, "It doesn't make any difference to me what you think of what I just said, but if it does to you, you might wish to deal with it."

If they take it to heart and deal with it.  That's to their benefit.  If they don't, it still doesn't make any difference to me.  But without me speaking up, they have no choice to make.  I have found that what I experienced was nothing new to them and if enough people express concern they will eventually have to do something about it.

I find that if no one ever tells them of such things they never get a chance to correct them.  When things go wrong, our psyche generates enough energy to deal with the problem.  Usually, instead of addressing the problem, we run off to others and vent that energy off in complaining.  I try, sometimes not very well, to deal with it directly.  If my food at the restaurant isn't up to par, then I say something besides, "Fine."  If someone is presenting themselves to the public harshly, I notify their supervisor of the impression I got.  I always end my concerns with, "It doesn't make any difference to me what you think of what I just said, but if it does to you, you might wish to deal with it."

If they take it to heart and deal with it.  That's to their benefit.  If they don't, it still doesn't make any difference to me.  But without me speaking up, they have no choice to make.  I have found that what I experienced was nothing new to them and if enough people express concern they will eventually have to do something about it.

I hear ya on this one @@Stosh. You are 100% correct. It is that very reason we are taking out business elsewhere away from the CT Historical Society. It was brought to the Directors attention but we never received a response. There were massive layoffs there around January. Many of the the older employees, the ones with lots of educational and museum experience, were let go. This was all over the papers. The person I had to deal with was promoted and now would be the the only person I have contact with to schedule or reserve these scout programs. My wife would even have to deal with the person for family programs.

We gave our feedback and not even a thank you for your concerns as a response. With so many museums in New England we are just looking for good recommendations. This message board has helped tons! Great to find such strong support. Thank you to everyone.