Alrighty Then, Now That We Have That Settled....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have heard that the staff at Girl scout camps is sometimes as much as half lesbian. Now its one thing to be open and accepting but you have to start asking questions when a group thats about 3% of t

I may stand alone, but I think there are merits to having separate groups for boys and girls. Having co ed groups changes the dynamics.

Can we please keep religion in a religion thread?  There are already 500 of them.   GSUSA is facing huge internal opposition to its program changes, backlash to its increasingly leftist politics, b

I'd say sooner than five years.   I'd also say, the sooner the better.  There are many girls, like my daughter, that counted the days till they could join a Venture crew.   She's been a member of an outdoor-oriented crew for awhile now, and could not be happier.   Her previous girl scout career?   She hasn't looked back.

Can you imagine the PR mess it would make if the people couldn't get their thin mints anymore?  The Boy Scouts would have to start selling cookies which the remnant vestige of GSUSA would have the BSA in court before the chocolate cooled.

I may stand alone, but I think there are merits to having separate groups for boys and girls. Having co ed groups changes the dynamics.

To a certain degree I feel the same. Problem is being seperate seems to be the "old fashioned way" look the Little League World Series last year, the girl from the Philly team, even though her team did not make it to the finals it was all the rage. Too much if you ask me. All the Catholic High Schools in my area that were once seperate are now co-ed except for the "Prep" schools. Now you have a female coach in the NFL, what the heck why shouldn't BSA jump onboard too.

Bigotted heretic!!!  In the American culture there can be no such thing.... Shame on you.  Now go to the corner and stand.  No, not that corner, the one marked BOYS. 

Having been involved in co-ed Scouting (a Venturing Crew, and now a Sea Scout Ship) since 2008, and comparing to that my experience as Scoutmaster, I have to say I like co-ed much, much better. I hope they do make the change, which (correct me if I am wrong), would put us in line with international Scouting. 

I would love to see the gals in Order of the Arrow...

Of the 3 G's, I really thought "Girls" would be the first one tackled. I don't really think it's that bad of an idea, just some new challenges. For the last 25 years we've seen a ton of ladies step-up and be real leaders in the Scouting program so that component is firmly in place. 

I guess there wasn't a concerted effort legally and financially to force BSA's hand on this as there was with the sexual orientation issue.

And speaking of sexual orientation issues, have we any guidance from BSA on admitting trans-sexual youth and adults?