Camp Rockefeller Arkansas

Just returned from week 6 of Camp Rockefeller summer camp.  Quapaw Council, Damascus, Arkansas.

This place rocks!  Great staff, excellent facilities, older Scout activities; it had it all.

The "ROCKS" (trail to first class) program included swimming & first aid merit badge.

The material was presented well & the Scouts were active during the class - doing not just sitting & listening.

Meals were good.  Trading post shutdown the soda machine during heat advisory days (2).

I had 1 16 yr old Life Scout go just to participate in the Buffalo National River canoe trip.

Right on the edge (~10 miles) of the Ozark National Forest, the camp shares the same type of terrain.

This one is going on the list of places to go back to.

• Thanks 1

Just returned from week 6 of Camp Rockefeller summer camp.  Quapaw Council, Damascus, Arkansas.

This place rocks!  Great staff, excellent facilities, older Scout activities; it had it all.

The "ROCKS" (trail to first class) program included swimming & first aid merit badge.

The material was presented well & the Scouts were active during the class - doing not just sitting & listening.

Meals were good.  Trading post shutdown the soda machine during heat advisory days (2).

I had 1 16 yr old Life Scout go just to participate in the Buffalo National River canoe trip.

Right on the edge (~10 miles) of the Ozark National Forest, the camp shares the same type of terrain.

This one is going on the list of places to go back to.

I have relatives in TX and they've been to Orr and Pioneer and have great things to say about them. They are a bit farther north than Camp Rockafeller, Orr is harder to get to but is on the Buffalo River and is surrounded by a federal wildlife refuge and watershed. Very cool (for the south) in the summer but a bit humid since it is by the river. With all the rain the region has gotten this year the river was great.

Camp Rockefeller used to be the best protected scout camp in the country and also the place you didn't want to be when the missles started flying.   Back before disarmament there used to be several Titan II missle silos on more than one side of Damascus.

As a Scouter in the Quapaw Area Council, which owns Rockefeller, I'm glad to hear the praise.