Troopmaster And Troopmaster Mobile

Completed Merit Badges were entered into Troopmaster Mobile (TM Moblie) for 2 separate Scouts.

TM Mobile was synced.

Desktop version of Troopmaster was synced with Troopmaster Web.

Completed Merit Badges were not shown completed in desktop Troopmaster or in Troopmaster Web or in other TM Mobile apps on other phones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edited by lepzid

Your database admin or DBA (the one person with the master copy of the DB, dotnet access and ability to sync the master DB) must first:

1) Back up the master DB locally to their desktop just in case. This will give you the latest changes made by the DBA.

2) Sync with dotnet to get the latest DB. This will download the latest changes made by anyone else with TM access.

3) Back up recently downloaded DB. This will give you a copy one iteration younger than the one on step #1.

2) Sync the master desktop with the web version of TM. This can only be done by the DBA and will sync the latest copy stored in dotnet with the one on the web.

If this was not done BEFORE you entered stuff in to dotnet, then you have your databases out of sync. We put a moratorium on anyone entering TM during summer camp and sync all desktops before we head out (and sync the web version) so that we have everyone on the same DB copy.

You can check the log to see where your error is but if you sync everyone -- and no one else updates while your out -- you will avoid any problems.

Thanks for the reply.

I am the Troopmaster Administrator with the master DB and ability to sync the master DB to Troopmaster Web.

1) Database is backed up.

2) We do not use dotnet.

3) Moot since we dont use dotnet.

4) Master desktop was synced to Troopmaster Web. TM Mobiles were synced before and after.

TM Mobile (for the test change I made on one Scout) still shows the completed Merit Badge but not in TM desktop or TM Web.

I should have noted that I also tested connectivity by adding an attendance update on a previous activity and it updated it properly in all areas.

Additionally, I am the only person in the Troop that has the desktop version and the ability to sync.

Thank you again for your time and any further assistance.

Edited by lepzid

Solved.

Option in File, TM Mobile about Auto Process MB's for those have have write access for Advancements was not checked.

Checked it.

Synced TM Mobile.

Synced Desktop to TM Web.

Completed MB's entered via TM Mobile showed in all areas.

Solved.

Option in File, TM Mobile about Auto Process MB's for those have have write access for Advancements was not checked.

Checked it.

Synced TM Mobile.

Synced Desktop to TM Web.

Completed MB's entered via TM Mobile showed in all areas.

LOL....I was in the woods all weekend (most of the weekend) and just got back. My suggestion was going to be to check your mobile settings. ;) Great minds. ;)

BTW, how to do you back up your DB? If you are not using dotnet you might want to load that regularly to an offsite cloud file site just in case.

Scoutbook.... ;)

ROFL....When BSA can't manage myscouting or any other information system? No thank you. I like my data in my hands and secure....and working when I need it.  :cool:

• Upvote 1

I loved the old TM desktop/ftp version.  It was infinitely flexible. If it didn't include a report I wanted, it was fairly easy to create my own.  A couple years ago, all the IT geniuses on the troop committee decided ftp is an antiquated technology and we needed a mobile format.  So we upgraded to TMmobile.  It sucks.  It has a fraction of the reports I use and very difficult for me to get into.  Worst of all, the old desktop version doesn't work right. One of the geniuses is the admin and only they can get into the data the way I used to be able to.  And I have never, not once, found the need to get into the system via my phone.

Now, in my retirement as SM, I'm probably going to be the advancement chairman and will have the responsibility of straightening out all the records the geniuses have screw up over the past two years. 

Not every upgrade is an improvement.

I loved the old TM desktop/ftp version.  It was infinitely flexible. If it didn't include a report I wanted, it was fairly easy to create my own.  A couple years ago, all the IT geniuses on the troop committee decided ftp is an antiquated technology and we needed a mobile format.  So we upgraded to TMmobile.  It sucks.  It has a fraction of the reports I use and very difficult for me to get into.  Worst of all, the old desktop version doesn't work right. One of the geniuses is the admin and only they can get into the data the way I used to be able to.  And I have never, not once, found the need to get into the system via my phone.

Now, in my retirement as SM, I'm probably going to be the advancement chairman and will have the responsibility of straightening out all the records the geniuses have screw up over the past two years. 

Not every upgrade is an improvement.

TM Mobile should be a companion to TM desktop. It is not really meant to be a stand-alone product. It is for when you need a lite version of the application so you can record attendance or requirement completion while on the road.

LOL....I was in the woods all weekend (most of the weekend) and just got back. My suggestion was going to be to check your mobile settings. ;) Great minds. ;)

BTW, how to do you back up your DB? If you are not using dotnet you might want to load that regularly to an offsite cloud file site just in case.

I back up the database regularly and it gets synced to 2 other hard drives within my network.

• 2 weeks later...