Decorum And Acting Scoutlike

On 5/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, seguru said:

Sorry, but before I identify as a Scouter, I first identify as an American... and anytime someone says they're going to "block" or "delete" or "censor" free speech, I say NO, and offer the warning that you don't "get it" when it comes to Free Speech.

The proper response to "offensive" speech is MORE SPEECH, not less... especially in a forum specifically categorized as "politics" where there are deeply-held and fundamental beliefs.     The "sanitizing" of opinions is not healthy, despite your good intentions.

I'm allowed to censor. Terry is allowed to censor.  Twitter is allowed to censor.   Facebook is allowed to censor.  The USG is not allowed to censor.  It's a really simple concept.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The volunteer moderators of this forum do cheerful service, usually just keeping SCOUTER.com organized and enjoyable.    The policy and standard of decorum for participation here has always included

@seguru, welcome to the forum? Anyway, nobody said you can't express your opinion. But if you're not courteous then we will remove posts. Those are the rules. 

As I promised Sentinel, I took time off and took a hike.  While I'm back I'll take this time to apologize to BDPT00 and the forums in general for 'going off' the way I did. Stosh was right, I should

4 hours ago, acco40 said:

I'm allowed to censor. Terry is allowed to censor.  Twitter is allowed to censor.   Facebook is allowed to censor.  The USG is not allowed to censor.  It's a really simple concept.

And if the horse has been rotting on the ground for a year, you’re allowed to flail it! :)
Did we do something in another thread that needs us to be reminded?