Update On Adult Leadership Standards

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I'm upset because they're going to be having sex with the Scouts.

It happened, and we all knew it was coming. I have wanted local control ever since I learned how this all worked from the inside (i.e. once I went from a unit only volunteer to volunteering at higher

Long overdue. This is and has been the only route to resolution that made any sense, while maintaining the scouting ideal of respect for other faiths.

Posted Images

Whenever someone complains about things being politically correct, my first assupmtion is they're whining because they can't discriminate against or denigrate people that aren't just like them anymore without being called out on their narrow-mindedness.  Archie Bunker would have deployed the term Politically Correct at least once in every episode.

I let my COR and IH know about the change.  Currently have a meeting scheduled with them to answer their questions.  The CO is local Methodist church.  I was told the church will be addressing their own membership policy in 2016.

Whenever someone complains about things being politically correct, my first assupmtion is they're whining because they can't discriminate against or denigrate people that aren't just like them anymore without being called out on their narrow-mindedness.  Archie Bunker would have deployed the term Politically Correct at least once in every episode.

my first assumption when people defend political correctness is they are so insecure in their beliefs that they attempt to shutdown debate on every issue by using the coercive power of government or organizational leadership to stifle debate or descent. Or they chose to denigrate the beliefs of others by using terms like narrow mindedness.
  • Upvote 3

How typical. This is not about discrimination, It's about the safety and well-being of the scouts. 

Again, the BSA's new political correct move caters to special interests at the expense of the actual protection of youth. Like it or not the history and facts of the perversion files cannot be erased.

• Downvote 1

my first assumption when people defend political correctness is they are so insecure in their beliefs that they attempt to shutdown debate on every issue by using the coercive power of government or organizational leadership to stifle debate or descent. Or they chose to denigrate the beliefs of others by using terms like narrow mindedness.

Well said Walk!

"assumption"   :p

How typical. This is not about discrimination, It's about the safety and well-being of the scouts. 

Hmm, so a confused young man joins the scouts to be swayed into homosexuality? The BSA has become a less safe place for scouts than it was two years ago. 

Barry

• Downvote 2

If you want to discriminate against someone or want to denigrate someone who is different from you, or who does not comport to your idea of what people should be like, then be brave enough to discriminate against them or denigrate them - don't hide behind the term "politically correct" as a way to do so by complaining that you can't do so because of political correctness.  There are no liberals out there saying you can't use the "N" word or the "F" (not the 4 letter one, the 3 letter one) word because they aren't politically correct - they're saying you can't use them because they're hurtful and just not acceptable in polite and civil society - if you want to say that's politically correct, that's you whining that the "big, bad liberals" won't let me say those words anymore.  Go ahead and say them - you have 1st Amendment Rights - just stop complaining when the rest of society shuns you for it.  Or do the "Big Bad Liberals" have that much control over your mind.

BTW - word came down from our CO's church leadership this past weekend - it was a very simple statement:  "We don't discriminate - neither will you"

So they will allow atheists? That's a reasonable question for them.