Appreciation Gift For Leaders Attending Summer Camp

Good afternoon everyone.

I would like some ideas for gifts of appreciation for my hardworking leaders and parents that volunteered their valuable time (their own vacations in many cases) to attended Webelos resident camp this year with our Webelos scouts.  I would like it to be something quick as we have a pack meeting this week and I would like to present them then. 

I love tying decorative knots.  I am thinking about tying them a keychain or something and presenting it to them at the pack meeting.  Right now, that is the only thing I have thought of.

I would appreciate any idea that anyone has.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

A group picture of their kids. In a card with the boys, signatures.

Trust me, when those boys graduate from high school, it'll the most sought after gift from whatever drawer it got tossed in,

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I took Webelos to resident camp, the parents chipped in and bought me a dunkin donuts cold cup - inside was a $25 gift card for Dunkin a Donuts. There was one between camp and the highway home. Best tasting iced coffee ever! 4years later I still use the cup. Simple and personalized. Made me smile & they know how much I love/need my iced coffees

Coffee cups and photos are all very good and always appreciated.

My all time favorite was/is the letter my boss received from the camp director (fellow named Mazucca , or Machucca, I forget).  I had filled out a form earlier, and the camp staff sent the letter to my boss at work.

The letter thanked my boss for allowing her employee (me ) to accompany the Scouts to the life changing adventure of Scout camp, helping to ensure the good development of the best possible "citizens of tomorrow".  He (the director) went on by complimenting my boss on having such an exemplary person in her employ who would be willing to spend his vacation time in such endeavor.

Weeks later, I received a memo from the boss acknowledging the camp director's letter. She said she had never before received such a compliment about one of her staff and it would be added to my file and taken into consideration when my next evaluation came up. Keep up the good work, etc. 

Could you do something similar?

• Upvote 1

If there are enough Patches left over and They were not an Official Paid Camper, bet some would like one also.

Sometimes it is only the Paid Leaders who get one...any other Volunteers may not be able to get one at Camp for their Volunteer time..

Certificates of Appreciations are simple to design and Print out these days...I would suggest to scan the Camp Patch and Including it in The Design, even if they get a patch.

Love the Idea of a Walking Staff...Easily made...perhaps a Troop project for Future Volunteers...Cut branches, Debark, allow to dry, carve and decorate with Troop info...Store for later presentations

Maybe a Troop Necker if You have personalized ones..

@@SSScout, Although he caught flack from a lot of folks on this forum for his pronouncements as chief scout executive, Bob Mazzuca did right by us volunteers when he was SE of Greater Pittsburgh council. The letters to employers was a nice gesture.