Good Morning!

The view from my hammock on camp this morning. Just been woken up by a curious magpie trying to figure out who and what I am. Beautiful looking day this side of the pond, there will be kids up and about and disturbing my gentle slumber in about 20 mins.....

post-4918-0-23481200-1436593704_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

But it all begs the question..... why did he bring email with him???

The joy of smart phones! Used mostly as an alarm clock, but when the site has full 4G reception it seemed a shame not to give the troop facebook page some live updates, and I thought I'd swing by here and say hello while I was at it.

Just got home feeling rather lucky. Some rain over night, it had stopped when we got up but tents were wet. They dried out and we got them down and packed minutes before a torrential down pour :)

'Skip,

I'd promise to one-up you next week. But ...

My phone ain't that smart.

To date Dolly Sods's interior  hasn't offered any bars.

Red Creek's high, not sure if any crossing will be kind to electronic devices.

But winds permitting, I'll be able to ask you to imagine a similar sight view, interrupted by the trunks of a red-oak cathedral.

'Skip,

I'd promise to one-up you next week. But ...

My phone ain't that smart.

To date Dolly Sods's interior  hasn't offered any bars.

Red Creek's high, not sure if any crossing will be kind to electronic devices.

But winds permitting, I'll be able to ask you to imagine a similar sight view, interrupted by the trunks of a red-oak cathedral.

It's a bit old-school, but they have digital cameras that take good pictures you can upload when you get back home.  I have one because I want to go places where the phones don't reach. 

It's a bit old-school, but they have digital cameras that take good pictures you can upload when you get back home.  I have one because I want to go places where the phones don't reach.

Oh, I have that. And maybe a year from now I'll transfer the pics from It!

Trouble with the southern England is that it's so densely populated that there is pretty much nowhere with no phone reception. There's the odd dead spot but certainly nowhere that's simply too remote. You have to go hundreds of miles to find anywhere like that, we don;t normally go that far for a weekend camp.

Our 2012 summer camp in Northumberland was that remote! It was great! Interesting to see that while the campsite itself had no phone reception at all it is on a lake and there was a small area in the middle of it that could get reception. When they were running sailing or canoeing on the lake all the camp staff used to give their phones to whoever was in the safety boat to take them out to the live spot and pick up emails etc from home. They flatly refused to it for kids. Quite a good system.