Advance Notification Yp Expiration?

Just had one of my current leaders show up on my training report as expired on YP.  Just happened 2 days ago.  I am going to look into making our own aging report to warn us a couple months out, though would be great if we got a message from National or local councils.  Not holding my breath on that; just glad I was able to see it at all.

Turning it over to my computer gurus.

Just had one of my current leaders show up on my training report as expired on YP.  Just happened 2 days ago.  I am going to look into making our own aging report to warn us a couple months out, though would be great if we got a message from National or local councils.  Not holding my breath on that; just glad I was able to see it at all.

Turning it over to my computer gurus.

On my.scouting.org you can get a YPT Aging Report at any time. As training lead for our unit I run this report every month and send emails to anyone who is within 90 days of expiring. The report gives you the status of every registered adult in your unit and notes who is 30, 60 or 90s days from expiration. It also gives you the date of everyone's expiration.

The only glitch I have found so far is around recharter. When you add people to the system in January they may not show up in the my.scouting system until as late as April. We always keep a hard copy of their YPT cert on file until we have them confirmed in the system. I have not had any problems with YPT tracking beyond that.

I *do* need to manually add most other training for people though. We had someone take IOLS back in February and it still has not shown up, so I added it manually. The only draw back is that you cannot add your own training, so one of the Key 3 with access to the system will need to add your training.

On my.scouting.org you can get a YPT Aging Report at any time. As training lead for our unit I run this report every month and send emails to anyone who is within 90 days of expiring. The report gives you the status of every registered adult in your unit and notes who is 30, 60 or 90s days from expiration. It also gives you the date of everyone's expiration.

The only glitch I have found so far is around recharter. When you add people to the system in January they may not show up in the my.scouting system until as late as April. We always keep a hard copy of their YPT cert on file until we have them confirmed in the system. I have not had any problems with YPT tracking beyond that.

I *do* need to manually add most other training for people though. We had someone take IOLS back in February and it still has not shown up, so I added it manually. The only draw back is that you cannot add your own training, so one of the Key 3 with access to the system will need to add your training.

Thanks; I actually reviewed that report for this.  What I hope to do is set up an auto message to remind me or another unit member "x" days ahead.  Sometimes get lax on reviews on my own; old age you know.

Thanks; I actually reviewed that report for this.  What I hope to do is set up an auto message to remind me or another unit member "x" days ahead.  Sometimes get lax on reviews on my own; old age you know.

Sadly I did not see anything in the system that will allow you to do that. Might have to do that elsewhere. One would think something as important as YPT validation would allow the training lead to get email warnings about expiring training.

Odd, I just got an email reminding me that my YPT in expiring in a couple of months.  It ws from National via some automated process...I don't recall if I opted-in to something for reminders, or not.  Perhaps if your name/email/ID number don't properly match up you don't get a reminder?

This was for *me* though.  I've never gotten a report for other leaders (I'm the pack CC).

Odd, I just got an email reminding me that my YPT in expiring in a couple of months.  It ws from National via some automated process...I don't recall if I opted-in to something for reminders, or not.  Perhaps if your name/email/ID number don't properly match up you don't get a reminder?

This was for *me* though.  I've never gotten a report for other leaders (I'm the pack CC).

I think personal reminders will get sent, but nothing a training manager can see.

The BSA guy did tell me that most things in the system will only work if your BSA ID is in your profile, otherwise you are out of luck....and even then it is somewhat hit and miss.

I got the same reminder Chisos received, last week. It appeared to be from National (noreply@@scouting.org) and said: "Our records indicate that your Youth Protection certification associated to Member ID xxxxxxxxx will expire within the next three months." And they were correct, too. So I actually retook the course that evening. I wonder if they keep statistics on how many people take the course the same day they receive the reminder. Not very many, I'm guessing, but I figured that if I did it, I wouldn't have to remember to do it some other day.

As far as I am aware, nobody else in my unit would know about my training status until the recharter paperwork comes out later this year. Now, presumably, it will show that I am up to date.

As far as I am aware, nobody else in my unit would know about my training status until the recharter paperwork comes out later this year. Now, presumably, it will show that I am up to date.

Key 3 folks with access to my.scouting.org will be able to see that in the training manager dashboard.

I do my training records in MicroSoft Excel/Open Office Calc.

Column 1 - person's name

Column 2 - Date of last certification

Column 3 - Certification duration in months (CPR = 12, YPT = 24, etc.)  One can also do years and convert to months.

Column 1 is normally black font on white background.

Conditionally format Column 1 so that if today's date is column 3 - 2 greater than column 2 change the format to black on yellow.

Conditionally format Column 1 so that if today's date is column 3 - 1 greater than column 2 change the format to white on red.

Every time you open the spread sheet you get a instant visual of who is in jeopardy and by how many months.  Once you change the date of last certification to the new date, the name will automatically go back to black on white.