Cradle Of Liberty Council Has Given In

So deluded.I reminded me of the little Britain comedy show sketch with 'the only gay in the village'. I suspect that you may not know any openly gay people but I suspect that there will be some gay people who are closeted or just don't do things openly for fear of reprisals.

So not only do you know my town better than I do, you know the people I know better than I do? Who's the deluded one? Please.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to start bringing beer to camp outs. Maybe my council can change the policy.

@ It is always interesting what is allowed and what is not allowed.  Even with National's approval, the rules are routinely ignored.     My districts all have asked me to come in and do a living his

I'll point you back to the last paragraph of the post you quoted, about it all ending in chaos. You're trying to apply logic to a situation that has been mishandled by National to such a degree that i

Live your life in a town of 300 or less and then let's talk.

Who was it that said, "There are lies, damn lies and statistics?" ;)

I have lived in a small town. I also lived in a 50 man fraternity house for 4 years. Funny how decades later we find things out. Who is it that said "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt"?

I have lived in a small town. I also lived in a 50 man fraternity house for 4 years. Funny how decades later we find things out. Who is it that said "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt"?

I would never proclaim to know you or your background. Funny how you claim to know mine. 

If you have lived in a town with only three hundred people or less then you would know there is no way to miss peoples' most intimate habits. You just can't hide that.

But you know me and my town best. I bow to your superior command of my town. Geesh. :rolleyes:

I would never proclaim to know you or your background. Funny how you claim to know mine. 

If you have lived in a town with only three hundred people or less then you would know there is no way to miss peoples' most intimate habits. You just can't hide that.

But you know me and my town best. I bow to your superior command of my town. Geesh. :rolleyes:

You asked if I lived in a small town, I answered. I don't know your specific town, I freely admit. I know my small town in Oklahoma, and I know the small town where I own land in Montana. Finally, I know the small community of a fraternity house. Those are anecdotal bits of information. What I find interesting is to then apply various scientific methods to the concept of what is happening, even in the smallest of towns where everyone supposedly knows each other.

All I was stating is that statistically, there is probably one gay person in your town of 300. They might not be public with it, they might hide it, but there is a high probability that they exist.

People are amazing at their ability to hide things. We are often surprised at the secrets that start coming out years later, oftentimes after death. DNA tests of who the real father is, revelations about prior lives, and other things that people have kept hidden for years. In my family, adoptions that turned out to be out-of-wedlock births by other branches of the family, for example. Found that one out 50 years after the fact. Being gay is one of those things that is kept hidden, and hidden very very well. There is a reason they call it "in the closet" after all.

• Upvote 1

Are people really arguing about whether Bad Wolf can know with absolute certainty whether there are any gay people living in his town? Or is there some subtle sub-text that I am missing? Perhaps one that has something to do with the subject of this thread? (A subject which, in my opinion, has probably run its course until National reacts to what COL council has done, or until another council does something similar, or until some other event occurs that has something to do with Scouting.)

No one really knows who said it originally. Twain attributed it to Disraeli, but it's not in any of his writings. It was apparently a common expression long before Twain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

Thanks, it's a great quote. If we don't know where it came from is it still a quote? I guess the author is that really famous person, 'anonymous', lol.

NJ. I've been wondering how big the pack and troop can be if the entire town only has 300 people, considering the typical age distribution, childless couples, children under scout age, females, single persons...not to mention wondering what is the business model for a bistro that manages to survive in that small town? Montana is a wondrous place!

NJ. I've been wondering how big the pack and troop can be if the entire town only has 300 people, considering the typical age distribution, childless couples, children under scout age, females, single persons...not to mention wondering what is the business model for a bistro that manages to survive in that small town? Montana is a wondrous place!

I drive 50 miles each way to go to my unit. That's a bigger place than where I live. 

But I get it's fun to make fun of us country folk. Funny how "scout like" people get around here.

I drive 50 miles each way to go to my unit. That's a bigger place than where I live. 

But I get it's fun to make fun of us country folk. Funny how "scout like" people get around here.

Who made fun of country folk?

Found an interesting fact which may or may not have any relevance, a new SE, Daniel Templar from Garden State Council (NJ), was selected the month before this announcement.

http://www.gardenstatescouting.org/news/gsc-scout-executive-dan-templar-named-new-scout-executive-cradle-liberty-council

https://www.colbsa.org/news-and-information/news-and-information/daniel-a-templar-named-scout-executive.html

Edited by RememberSchiff

You forgot this example, "Scoutmaster Jones lives with Cubmaster Smith. They like to walk down the street holding hands and have dinner together at the local bistro."

There goes YPT.  

Two men grooming a youth meets Two Deep Leadership standards, and makes for a stronger sales pitch.

Three Deep Leadership, anyone?

There goes YPT.  

Two men grooming a youth meets Two Deep Leadership standards, and makes for a stronger sales pitch.

Three Deep Leadership, anyone?

This isn't about youth protection. Or do you think National is lying when they say it isn't about youth protection?