Scouting Doesn't Have A Chance In The New World Order

When certain individuals or groups think they have all the answers they tend to impose them on others the NWO movement whether it be conspiracy or not, seems to promote that type of agenda.  Like any extremist movement, once it gets out of hand people who won't bend to one's will must be eliminated.

There is nothing new about this except with the technology of today, the dynamics of such influence can take on a global scope.  Through world communications, the quiet boy down the street in small town America can become the next jihadist for the Islamic political party "of the world".

Whereas Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Constantine, Attila the Hun, Hitler and others tried world dominance one conquered country at a time, today it's done one Twitter at a time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@@RememberSchiff, our SM (who is black) does not call himself "African-American". His reply? "I've never been to Africa. I am a Montana-American if I am anything."

I have two kids who are teachers and the Oklahoma City school district is going  through this issue right now with a new adminstrator who is following this approach to change the culture. A lot of tea

Yes mostly overdone. This "differences" mindset can be more destructive than forced-busing and perhaps with similar results - white flight from the public schools but maybe with vouchers this time.  

THAT was and STILL IS the basis for the American Dream.  Without that Dream for all people, one lives without hope for all people.

I think the new basis of the American dream is social engineering and income re-distribution. The old American dream where one is left free to do what they want as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others has been dismantled by both parties over the last 20+ years.

I am going to use the HUD vouchers to move in to a multi-million dollar neighborhood. That ought to change the make up the neighborhood. ;)

You cannot "fix" a program that is family-based and relies heavily on volunteers who have the time to help. The last census reported 24 million kids without their biological father living at home. Did not see a stat for if those households had a step-father involved, but several groups have compiled stats based on census data for single-parent households by race. Hard to break that color barrier when mom or dad are by themselves, covering 2 or more kids and trying to make ends meet.

Our troop (and before that, my son's pack) has had kids from single-parent families and/or families in dire financial circumstances. And these were almost all "white" people. Statistically, nationwide, it might be a factor in the "racial"/ethnic disparity in Scouting, but I think it would be a very small factor. (And neither of us really knows for sure.)

If it weren't for every parent thinking their kid was going to be the next Pele, Willie Mays, Larry Byrd or Tony Romo, most sports would see similar racial levels as BSA I think. But parents think Bobby might get a scholarship if he's good enough. No one says that about BSA.

I've seen that attitude from parents. They get stars in their eyes about the idea that their son will at the very least win a free ride to a college degree, or even become a professional athlete, and everything else gets de-emphasized or discouraged. I think it is a significant factor in Webelos not crossing over to troops or dropping out of a troop in the first year or so. But again, these were all (or almost all) "white" people. I am sure there are other parents with the same attitude, but I see no reason to believe (and I doubt you can finding any statistics to "prove") that this attitude is significantly more prevalent (on a percentage basis) among "non-whites". And if the percentages are roughly the same, it would not significantly contribute to a disparity in percentages of membership in the BSA.

I think the new basis of the American dream is social engineering and income re-distribution. The old American dream where one is left free to do what they want as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others has been dismantled by both parties over the last 20+ years.

I am going to use the HUD vouchers to move in to a multi-million dollar neighborhood. That ought to change the make up the neighborhood. ;)

Any economic analysis showing the share of income and wealth across quintiles shows that the current income redistribution is going from the stagnant middle class to the top 1%. That is then compounded by wealth accumulation that freezes out the lower classes as well.

If one is concerned re-distribution, look to the tax code (and a flat tax such as that proposed by Hall and Rabushka).

I will say again that this education program was a waste, but a lot of continuing education for teachers (and other professions) is a waste. The creation of continuing education programs for various professions creates an industry. Once you create an industry, people feel the need to justify the annual programs and they can't just offer the same stuff every year. So then someone has create NEW material that has "meaning." After awhile, you end up with some nonsensical garbage trotted out in the name of "lets make everyone come together."

5% will embrace it.

5% will hate it.

90% will go through the motions to get their continuing education credits and go back to work.

Like I mentioned - they ran this at the University of California and I have enjoyed the commentary from the faculty about it. Most ignored it, a couple seemed to think it is a great idea, and a few considered the program a complete waste of time and money.

Then again - if we want to talk about a waste of money, at least this one did not take the students out of the classroom, and instead only abused the teachers.

Did you just connect George H.W. Bush - with the boy down the street - with Islamic jihadists - with an extremist world conspiracy - with Twitter?

Gotta read the whole thing and you realize that one can't just cherry pick items out of the middle and toss them together.

You asked about GWB and the NWO, I gave examples from the early Greeks to the modern era of highly adaptable communication to show that people have been trying out this New World Order "conspiracy" for thousands of years and for the most part, people really don't want anything to do with it.  

So to answer your question with your presumptions and assumptions, Yes, I believe Alexander the Great could have conquered the whole world had he had a Twitter account.

So to answer your question with your presumptions and assumptions, Yes, I believe Alexander the Great could have conquered the whole world had he had a Twitter account.

Yeah, but King Porus would have been "following" Alexander and headed him off well before he entered Punjab. ;)

5kyE46F.png

Edited by Bad Wolf

Yeah, but King Porus would have been "following" Alexander and headed him off well before he entered Punjab. ;)

Yeah, but they would have had to have been friended and Alexander because he was Great wouldn't have done that.  :)

I'm a little confused. It does appear that the nature of this course is being distorted by National Review, which is not an ideologically neutral publication (it's part of the well-known right-wing media) and even NR seems to be getting its information from some organization that is even less objective. I did click back through the source documents linked in the article, but I am not sure whether I am getting the entire picture. It does seem, however, that some of the course content is troubling. So my question is this, is this a course that teachers CAN take, or something they are being REQUIRED to take?

Just adding: In my opinion, the "New World Order" rhetoric is not particularly helpful or informative. That phrase seems to be used to mean whatever the person using it is opposed to. If you're for a change, it's "reform", if you're against it it's part of the "New World Order."

Edited by NJCubScouter

Yeah, but they would have had to have been friended and Alexander because he was Great wouldn't have done that.   :)

Not on Twitter...one can follow without being "friends". ;)

Just adding: In my opinion, the "New World Order" rhetoric is not particularly helpful or informative. That phrase seems to be used to mean whatever the person using it is opposed to. If you're for a change, it's "reform", if you're against it it's part of the "New World Order."

When Bush made that speech where he noted a new world order, he was specifically addressing the end of the bipolar system manifested by the Cold War. He noted that the "new world order" would be characterized by the peaceful settlement of disputes through international courts, universal human rights, international criminal justice, and free trade and investment. Moreover, that the new order emphasized international rule of law; the idea that international law and legal institutions would be the major source of global organization.

It was the Grassy Knoll and tinfoil hat wearing crowd that ran with the statement to subjugate it to the realm of conspiracy theory.

<<I think the new basis of the American dream is social engineering and income re-distribution. The old American dream where one is left free to do what they want as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others has been dismantled by both parties over the last 20+ years.>>

I agree.  If you don't have a lobby to defend your interests  (the National Rifle Association being a prime example)   You will be run flat.

Poo cigarette smokers!   The liberals around here toy with them like a cat does a mouse.