Need A Long Island, Ny Contact

Is there anyone here from a pack and troop on Long Island near Stony Brook University? One of our families is moving out there as the dad has received a promotion with his company and they will be making the move soon. If there are, please let me know via email at cnjalvarez4@yahoo.com so I can get contact info to pass along.

Edited by Tex-Mex Dad
  • 1 month later...

OK, I grew up on Long Island so I'll weigh in here:

Beascout.org shows quite a few packs surrounding the 11790 (Stony Brook) zip code including two in Stony Brook proper.  Most packs have updated contact info in beascout and many even have web page links.  Stony Brook Pack 18 has a website but it is linked of the district page, not beascout  That area is still suburbia so the closest pack or neighborhood pack will probably depend on exactly what town and school district (and which particular elementary school) they end up in.  To clarify to a non-Long Islander, when I say "next town over" I don't mean drive twenty miles on a rural highway and a town appears.  It's more like drive down a main road lined with stores and strip malls and all of the sudden the sign next to the road says you're in a new community yet it all looks the same.

The immediate area is part of Suffolk County Council's Benjamin Tallmadge District.  The council website has a district map overlaid on top of local school districts here: http://www.sccbsa.org/pages/districts.php I'd pass on the DE's contact info: Robert Rabbitt 631-924-7000, ext. 117