Hello everyone - I am new to posting, here.

I am mother of 3 boy scouts and a brownie girl scout.

Years ago with when oldest was 1st year Weblos, I started spontaneously helping out when adults were in short supply (That was most of the time.) I kept the boys busy teaching songs and skills I learned as a Girl Scout. I soon became Weblos Leader, Next year, because no one else would, CubMaster. That was difficult..I had little training and no support from district, parents ect. (Wish I knew then what I know now)

Currently, I am advancement chair for our troop committee, Husband is SM, Oldest son was SPL, now is PL and troop quide -should make eagle soon.Secound son a Star scout, PL and Chaplain aide, Youngest son should be First Class soon.

Husband and I own a business and are active leaders in our church. We serve in community boards and serve in Rotary and Chamber of Commerse. We are merit badge counsellors, I am on a District Commitee, and several counscil committees.

Last year was quite frustrating for us as our tropp suffered some Adult immaturity...thats when i fist found SCOUTER and read some posts that encouraged me. That's behid us now. We are working to deliver the promise to the boys.

May the wind be always at your back,

Spinnaker

You are so right. We're having mostly a great time. We do scouting as a family. ( "my duaghter and I when we camp are the "mother goose patrol" the scouts gave us a patrol yell.. "AFLAC !" I have gotten as much training as i can (District Committee training is on Saturday) but not yet woodbadge - We work hard to try to do the right thing...How to connduct a BOR, how can troop raise $$ for a trailer. As a scouter wife of a SM, I am often his advisor... our troop was disfunctional when he becam SM. All adult lead, not Boy lead, We are working on changing that . We have a PLC but they need lots of guidance. Older boys are not challenged (but they came up w/ the program...) etc. I'm sure I'll be looking to forum members for lots of help.

Spinnaker