So we're now officially into the new program.  I'm interested to see how it plays out in this forum in the coming months.  I expect there will be a mix of those hating and loving it.  And I'm sure there will be examples of cases where word of the new program didn't reach everyone and there will be issues with some sticking with the old program.  I'd also bet money there will be mini-uproars because many have probably not grasped the old belt loop program is gone.  Interesting times ahead!

Technically, the belt loops can be earned and awarded as long they are available. I was

told that until the end of 2015 belt loops and the old rules for the Super Nova can be followed. I assume that the powers that be have enough belt loops in the system to last until the end of the year. My 2 cents.

The only reason to stick with the old program is if your Scout is now going for the Arrow of Light.  That and LDS.  If you want Beltloops, GO BUY THEM NOW.  They are not getting re-stocked and once they are out, it's done.

Technically, the belt loops can be earned and awarded as long they are available. I was

told that until the end of 2015 belt loops and the old rules for the Super Nova can be followed. I assume that the powers that be have enough belt loops in the system to last until the end of the year. My 2 cents.

I'll partially agree with you.  Yes, the belt loops and pins continue to be a component of the Supernova program through December.  There's a slight grandfathering of requirements for STEM.  But I would argue the traditional academic and sports program is done.  Packs should not be encouraging scouts to work on belt loops and pins.  That program technically ended May 15 (or May 31 - I've seen both dates published), though I'm sure some packs and camps will continue to award them as soon as a supply remains.  But I'd caution those who try to keep the program alive a few months longer because there will issues with supply.  As of a few weeks ago, multiple local scout shops were already out of supply on a number of items.  I'd hate to have a kid earn something but not be able to get the award. 

for as much fanfare as national had given this program back in january, sure seemed pretty anti climactic now that June 1 is here.....kinda surprised there wasn't anything done to celebrate it.

I'll partially agree with you.  Yes, the belt loops and pins continue to be a component of the Supernova program through December.  There's a slight grandfathering of requirements for STEM.  But I would argue the traditional academic and sports program is done.  Packs should not be encouraging scouts to work on belt loops and pins.  That program technically ended May 15 (or May 31 - I've seen both dates published), though I'm sure some packs and camps will continue to award them as soon as a supply remains.  But I'd caution those who try to keep the program alive a few months longer because there will issues with supply.  As of a few weeks ago, multiple local scout shops were already out of supply on a number of items.  I'd hate to have a kid earn something but not be able to get the award. 

honestly, I think what I would do in that case is find the closest matching adventure loop and present that, calling it the belt loop he earned.

The boy gets bling

all is well in the world