Just another example of adults sticking their noses where it does not belong. Why the committee would have any say on this is beyond me. The blue cards basically should involve just 3 people the scout, the SM, and the MBC.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry @@fred johnson I think Eagle mills have made that vision a thing of the past...  

Yeah ... I'm not much into the eagle mill debate.     I just liked when it was more let's go take a merit badge.  and it was fun.  and the kid enjoyed it.  It was not the stressful uptight situation

The new guy actually quit scouts as a youth because it was too frustrating for him.  (On account of adult leadership.)  Coming from that. I think he has potential.   

It's an unfortunate leftover from the previous scoutmaster.  New one is very overwhelmed.  He does want to do things the way they should, but he's also overwhelmed and in the meantime, running things the way previous guy did.  Sometimes change has to happen slowly.  I do not believe there have been any scout trainings in the area since new scoutmaster came in either.

I understand that. My point being the previous SM should not have doen it either. Was he trained? I have found in many instances whether a leader is trained or not doesn't really matter. To me it's all part of raising our youth. They will never learn responsibility if it is never given to them.

I understand that. My point being the previous SM should not have doen it either. Was he trained? I have found in many instances whether a leader is trained or not doesn't really matter. To me it's all part of raising our youth. They will never learn responsibility if it is never given to them.

No.  He was in for several years and never got trained.  He was cubmaster before that and also had no desire to be trained.

That's a shame. Hopefully the new SM will allow your son to have both a fun and learning  chance in scouting. I love how people take on, what I consider, an important job or hobby and feel no need to learn how to do it. Problem with that is although he misses out the scouts miss out even more, or simply walk away never to return. Good luck to you and your son with the new SM.

That's a shame. Hopefully the new SM will allow your son to have both a fun and learning  chance in scouting. I love how people take on, what I consider, an important job or hobby and feel no need to learn how to do it. Problem with that is although he misses out the scouts miss out even more, or simply walk away never to return. Good luck to you and your son with the new SM.

The new guy actually quit scouts as a youth because it was too frustrating for him.  (On account of adult leadership.)  Coming from that. I think he has potential.   

• Upvote 1

I had a similar experience as a kid with scouting and when I got back into scouting as an adult, I promised myself I would never do a kid what the adults did to me and my buddies.  After 4 years one would think that most boys should have progressed further than 2nd Class.  Oh, I did have one MB, too.