Are You Planning On Going To The 2017 Jamboree?

Too soon to say. Was already solicited to return on OA service corps. Having a new daughter that will be a few years old makes the choice very difficult. I wasn't happy to see that they increased the price again.

Too soon to say. Was already solicited to return on OA service corps. Having a new daughter that will be a few years old makes the choice very difficult. I wasn't happy to see that they increased the price again.

Spend the time/money with your little one. They grow up too fast.

"" I once visited another Council office during a business trip and got to chatting with one of the office staff. She said that, not only did she have to pay the fees to work at Jambo, but her SE was charging her 10 days' vacation time for being

out of the office. ""

As a prior Employee Rep, I can tell you that the Fed Labor Relations Board might take a dim view of this. If it is an

"ASSIGNMENT" and requirement of her employment, then they cannot charge her leave time, and must PAY her regular wage.

As Wolf suggested, if she "VOLUNTEERED" for it, then, yes, that's her vacation time, and her fee, but the SE might have been a bit more Scouty ("A Scout is Courteous, Loyal, " etc. )

Yeah, it's a stretch for many of us. But , as was discussed in BBlog last year, it can be seen as a bargain, what with all the activities, entertainment and built in food, accommodations (sure it's a tent), and the transportation etc. has to be considered, too.