How Do You Stay Aware Of Hazardous Weather?

To be more accurate, when the forecast says there's a 60% chance of rain it means that on similar days with similar weather patterns and conditions that 60% of the time the outcome was rain. That's straight from the NWS. @@Stosh has it right.

Edited by Bad Wolf

Reading this article, I see this quote, "We had no idea a severe storm was approaching".  I was amazed.

Before my Troop goes on a camp out, I'm checking the weather web sites for the upcoming weather conditions.  Once we're on the camp out, I carry a weather radio Link.

What do you do to prepare for weather?

I live in Oklahoma. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a meteorologist or a storm chaser. Seriously, if it's going to rain, all the TV stations preempt the network feed and spend hours covering it. The only way you can't be weather aware is by choosing not to.

I live in Oklahoma. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a meteorologist or a storm chaser. Seriously, if it's going to rain, all the TV stations preempt the network feed and spend hours covering it. The only way you can't be weather aware is by choosing not to.

I think they're some of the best too. I've never seen more accurate weather forecasting and coverage than in Texas, OK, KS and the rest of tornado ally. Makes other weathermen look like they use a Ouiji board. ;)

I think they're some of the best too. I've never seen more accurate weather forecasting and coverage than in Texas, OK, KS and the rest of tornado ally. Makes other weathermen look like they use a Ouiji board. ;)

They could stand to travel a little.

"I've never been to Niagara Falls before, but based on the pictures, I'm pretty sure this is what it's like. ..."

Of course, the poor girl was a reporter, not a forecaster, but we still can't stop laughing!