Posted this as a reply to another the first time.

==================================== 

Dean R. here, from the Illowa Council (West Central Illinois-South Eastern Iowa). I used to be an Owl (C3-133-11), and a good old staffer too (C3-133-14) and C3-133-16 (soon!).

I've had an account on here for a while. Only browsed occasionally. I work as an IT Systems Admin which eats most of my time. Survived the entire Cub Scout experience and just starting my second year as Asst. SM. Also served a sting as CS Roundtable and BS Roundtable Commissioner and served on the Inali District and Illowa Council Training Committees. And... this is my fifth year as Cub Day Camp Director and my 7th year in a row. Whew... I'm tired already. 

Inali is Sac-Fox for 'Black Fox." Jim Thorpe was from the Sac-Fox Nation. Inali was the former OA Chapter's name when we were Prairie Council.

Interesting conversations coming up, I'm sure.

Welcome.  I'm commenting mostly because the term Illowa jumped out at me.  Hadn't heard that one before.  Is that just the name of your council, or is it a term used by the general population of the region?  I liken it to Michiana - the area near South Bend, Indiana extending into Michigan.

Welcome.  I'm commenting mostly because the term Illowa jumped out at me.  Hadn't heard that one before.  Is that just the name of your council, or is it a term used by the general population of the region?  I liken it to Michiana - the area near South Bend, Indiana extending into Michigan.

That is the council name. Covers part of Illinois and Iowa.