Follow Me Boys out on DVD!!

Just a reminder..

That old classic "Follow Me Boys" is finally being released on DVD. Release date is Feb 3rd but you can pre-order now at a variety of places online.

I pre-ordered my copy from Barnes and Noble and got free shipping when I also ordered a book I was after ($25 purchase=free ship)

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Amazon has sold out of 'Follow me boys' They list sales rank in the mid 40s and a special order.

I get the feeling no one thought the sales would be this good.

I preordered mine and it has not been shipped, my guess it is waiting for the next shipment. It would be great if this movie could break some records. :)

"I tell my son and the scouts 'Don't carry a grudge their heavy'."

It's not a grudge, it is voting with my dollars. I don't like Disney's current policies so I don't give them my money. Not much different than not voting for Al Gore because I didn't care for what he stood for.

My copy is arriving next week or at least that's what Amazon.com indicated. :)

Shell in WA, I have seen it six times and each time it almost brought me to tears. Rent a copy from Block Buster to see it for yourself. It's a 1966 Disney movie where Fred MacMurray plays a Scoutmaster. It's wonderful movie if you are the type of scouter who often wonders or dreams of old-schooled Boy Scouting ... or what scouting, scouts, and scoutmaster ought to be. ;) It's on the same "family oriented" genre as "Leave it to Beaver," "Father Knows Best," or "My Three Sons".

1Hour

ps: it's only my opinion.

I kind of remember seeing it way back when I was a little kid. Every Saturday for a couple of years I went to a kid's matinee movie at a neighborhood theatre, and I'm (almost) positive that was one of the many features I saw. I'll have to go rent it to refresh my lagging memory. Plus I think my SPL son would get a kick out of it. BTW--A couple of months ago I saw an old theatre poster for "Follow Me Boys" out on eBay.

WAKWIB

Okay, you were all right! I got my copy and my boys and I watched it last night. It WAS good!

The thing that amazed me was that I thought I was buying the movie for me and my boys (13,14,16) would think it silly. But they really got into it, especially my two youngest. They enjoyed the interworkings of the troop and liked the familiarity of their troop to the movie's troop. But what amazed them the most, I think was the bridging of generations of Boy Scouts. They were fascinated to see a Movie made "umpteen years ago" (1966) about scouts and that it's timeframe was in the thirties. And those boys did the same things that my boys are doing today. And as the movie progressed, it got close to the generation of boys that my father, their gradfather, was involved, so they feel they saw a glimpse of what "Grandpa did" too. In fact, my middle boy called his grandfather whent he movie was over and started asking questions about what he had done.

It opened a whole different realm that I even expected with my boys!

I only have one complaint.....why can't the world be like that again?

Tthansk so much for suggesting the movie!

Okay, you were all right! I got my copy and my boys and I watched it last night. It WAS good!

The thing that amazed me was that I thought I was buying the movie for me and my boys (13,14,16) would think it silly. But they really got into it, especially my two youngest. They enjoyed the interworkings of the troop and liked the familiarity of their troop to the movie's troop. But what amazed them the most, I think was the bridging of generations of Boy Scouts. They were fascinated to see a Movie made "umpteen years ago" (1966) about scouts and that it's timeframe was in the thirties. And those boys did the same things that my boys are doing today. And as the movie progressed, it got close to the generation of boys that my father, their gradfather, was involved, so they feel they saw a glimpse of what "Grandpa did" too. In fact, my middle boy called his grandfather whent he movie was over and started asking questions about what he had done.

It opened a whole different realm that I even expected with my boys!

I only have one complaint.....why can't the world be like that again?

Tthansk so much for suggesting the movie!

I preordered mine and recieved it last week. What a Classic movie showing a time gone by. Back to a slower paced small town life...very Norman Rockwell. I made my Girl Friend sit through it and she enjoyed it as well. And the Extras!! Shows some of Lem's boys today as adults, and they share some moments and memories from the Movie. Worth the money! Now that we have achieved getting Disney to release it...now the NEW GOAL...

Bring it back to Theaters!! Back to the Big Screen!

( I can wish can't I? )

Yours in Scouting

VentureScoutNY