In the past, we've had it on a Sunday afternoon.  We would use it to plan a month's worth of meetings plus have some Patrol Leader training. 

Starting in June, we're moving it to the Monday after camp out.  We do not have regularly scheduled Troop meetings on that night.  Now we use that night for committee & PLC meetings.

Same. Monday after a campout is PLC and a Committee Meeting. At the end of the Committee meeting, the SPL gives a report to the committee on what the Troop needs.

Our PLC meets on a separate night (2nd Monday of the month) at my house.The scouts picked a separate night from troop meetings, as before the meeting woud interfere with dinner time and after the meeting would be too late and conflict with homework time.  Plus they didn't want to be limited in time.  So far it has worked out well.  It's also remarkable what a few 2 liters of soda and a bag of chips will do.  If you feed them, they will come!  We probably have 95% attendance.

As part of our elections the other night, our boys that were running for SPL were talking about meeting on a separate day from a meeting so that we could have all of our meetings in a month and not have to rush through a planning meeting during the half hour or 45 minutes before a meeting.  This was as part of their speeches.  They asked if it would be alright and I told them if they were willing to find a day that worked for most of the PLC, I would make time to be there to observe and guide if necessary.