• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox News Scout bashing?  I don't think so.  This is a Irving self-inflicted wound.  From the sounds of it on the forum, WHO IS NOT scout bashing for such a stupid move on their part?

BSA's rules on laser tag and water guns (non realistic looking ones) just adds reality to the perception that scouts is pansy and out-of-touch.     I'm a follow-the-rules type of guy, but I just rol

Somebody is flaunting:   "Tonight's forecast is 78 degrees and Zero chance of rain. So lets wear bathing suits under our Class B tShirts and bring water propulsion devices to practice our Heat Stro

Actually if you read the article, these are not kids having fun in a park. This is a group that attacked a vehicle full of people by shooting water guns into the face of the driver and throwing water balloons at the passengers. The fact that several of the passengers were off duty cops just makes the take down that much sweeter. I hope these idiots go to jail.

Good things those cops don't go to India often. The Holi celebration might actually have them draw their guns.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Bad Wolf

Obviously these people have never heard of RAGBRAI, the bike ride across Iowa.  Every little town along the way cracks open their fire hydrants and it basically soaks the thousands of bike riders along route.  They love it!

Tehran

"Seventeen young boys and girls who were squirting water at each other were arrested on Friday in one of the beach parks" in the city of Bandar Abbas, Homozgan province's justice chief Ali Alia said, quoted by ISNA news agency.

Alia added that "five were immediately let go" and that the rest were released on bail Sunday but could face sentences for publicly committing an "act forbidden" by Islam and "insulting police officers."

General Ahmad Rouzbahani, the head of the morality police, warned recently in a television appearance that police forces, in accordance with the law, "will act forcefully against this type of action and will not allow such events to happen in public places, or anywhere throughout the country."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/07/iran-arrests-17-youths-over-water-fight/

Wonderful, just what I want for our kids. :mad:

For years our climactic Cub Scout Day Camp activity has had the local fire department drop packaged eggs off the top of their tallest ladder truck to see which eggs survive.

When that's done they unlimber a fire hose and shoot water into the air on any boys who care to get within range of the falling water.

I wonder what the BSA safety guys would say about that?

BSA's rules on laser tag and water guns (non realistic looking ones) just adds reality to the perception that scouts is pansy and out-of-touch.  

I'm a follow-the-rules type of guy, but I just roll my eyes at this stuff.  It's embarrassing.  

Perhaps BSA needs to look to GSUSA to learn to be a bit more manly.  

Edited by fred johnson
  • Upvote 1

For years our climactic Cub Scout Day Camp activity has had the local fire department drop packaged eggs off the top of their tallest ladder truck to see which eggs survive.

When that's done they unlimber a fire hose and shoot water into the air on any boys who care to get within range of the falling water.

I wonder what the BSA safety guys would say about that?

A water canon is not the same thing as a water gun.  BSA is only interested in water guns and water balloons. 

And by he way, firefighters aren't under the same rules as BSA.

As a kid I remember the real water fights, not the barrel suspended between two telephone poles.  This is where 3 man crew, one with his back to the opposing side to take the brunt of the water, one to aim and one to move hose.  If the team were able to sweep the other team off their feet they won.  A lot more exciting back then in the good old days.

As a kid I remember the real water fights, not the barrel suspended between two telephone poles.  This is where 3 man crew, one with his back to the opposing side to take the brunt of the water, one to aim and one to move hose.  If the team were able to sweep the other team off their feet they won.  A lot more exciting back then in the good old days.

They had telephone poles in the Bronze Age? ;)