I ran across a website put together by Dave Manchester with a whole collection of scout powwow books. However, the link to contact him is an invalid address. Does anyone here possibly have his updated contact info, or have happened to have traded him for his collection of books? I am really interested in these and would appreciate any help.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Dave used to be a scouter in my area, Brooklyn Michigan.  It has been years and years since he has disappeared from the scouting scene.  I bet I have most of the pow wow books in the basement in boxes.  I collected them and rarely used them, thus why they are packed away.  Either the garage or basement.  At the time they were fun and cool, since then (18 years of cubbing) I have forgotten about them. 

Dave used to be a scouter in my area, Brooklyn Michigan.  It has been years and years since he has disappeared from the scouting scene.  I bet I have most of the pow wow books in the basement in boxes.  I collected them and rarely used them, thus why they are packed away.  Either the garage or basement.  At the time they were fun and cool, since then (18 years of cubbing) I have forgotten about them.

I would love to be able to get copies of those. I will PM you.

• 4 weeks later...

If any one is interested I have various POW-WOW books from my 40 years in Scouting. Also older how-to and other Cub Scout books. I'm willing to send them to you for the cost of postage. I would love for them to find new homes. I have several packets of handout for various "funshops" and other training events.  I was very into crafts and my basement shows it. :)  I also have years and years of other Scouting memorabilia and uniforms - both male and female in all sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

If any one is interested I have various POW-WOW books from my 40 years in Scouting. Also older how-to and other Cub Scout books. I'm willing to send them to you for the cost of postage. I would love for them to find new homes. I have several packets of handout for various "funshops" and other training events.  I was very into crafts and my basement shows it. :)  I also have years and years of other Scouting memorabilia and uniforms - both male and female in all sizes.

I would be very interested in this.  I will pay for postage.  Please let me know.

Hi Kathleen,

I guess the PM didn't work.  I would like to get these copies if possible.

Conehead.  I would be glad to send some books to you. How many and what kind of materials would you like?

I'd love anything you could put together. I am very interested in games, opening and closing ideas, award recognition ideas. I really want the Dave Manchester "Ceremony Table" book as well. Just let me know what you would like me to do.

Thank you so much!!

• Downvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Here is a partial list of Pow Wow books

"The Greatest Show of Earth"  Hawk Mountain Council, 1998,

"Cub Scouting New Frontiers"  Hawk Mountain Counci, 1999  over 1" thick

National Capital Area Council. Cub Scouts on Parade, 1997  about 1" thick

Queens Council, NY, Wild, Wild, West, 1996  about 1" thick

I found a couple of other big ones, but they look like they got wet.

Then I am finding a lot of Cub Scout Leader training books.  How To Books,  A lot Program Helps.

Let me know if I should keep looking.

Edited by beavalo2

add small ones form North Bay Council, MA  and  dos Ranchos District - has resource pages, may have been Roundtable Handouts.

I also have individual sections from a Den Leaders Funshop.

Some den chief training materials.

I think there are Song books , and maybe old ceremony books  and other activity. anyone for early Tiger materials, or Ethics in Action :)

And years and years of copies of directions and patterns for craft activities.

then there is the question  of what do you do with old Training course materials.  I have both Cub and Boy Scout courses even some WB