No Water Gun Fights - Yeah Like That Will Happen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What water guns?    All we have round here are portable safe-distance reciprocal cooling stations.

First rule of command school: never give an order you don't believe will be carried out. It becomes a habit.

I just wont invite Irving to my water gun battle

I just can't seem to get worked up over this issue.  Believe me, I tried....Just for the sake of participation.  But I can't get exercised over it.  Ha, ha, ha...

Personally, I've never seen water guns used in Scouting but I can see how it would be fun to squirt ppl in the summer... 

As for Fox News and other media outlets making fun of the BSA, let 'em do it.  That's just entertainment television as far as I'm concerned.  Same goes for MSNBC or whatever non-Fox watchers watch.  (I have an old TV that my friend gave me.  It's one o' them cathode ray tube TVs from '94 that requires a special digital box so I can get 6 channels...)

Water guns aren't on the 10 essentials list and don't make the cut on Bill's list of items for a campout.   ;)

Water guns aren't on the 10 essentials list and don't make the cut on Bill's list of items for a campout.   ;)

Staff NYLT in the summer anywhere in the southwest below 3,000 ft. You'll add this bad boy to your 10 Essentials and drop that extra clothing in a NY minute.

1369413207551.jpg

I use these idiotic rules to my advantage. I go to my scouts and say something like "Hey guys, the BSA doesn't trust you to climb on rocks above your waist, but I do. Just remember, if any of you give me reason to not trust you then I will enforce BSA's rules for all of you." Then they go explore the rocks, without adult supervision, and they think I'm cool because I trust them. win/win. 

My scouts recently spent a meeting shooting nerf darts at each other. They had a ton of fun.

Real weapons are about power. Squirt guns are about fun. Too bad National can't see the difference.

My scouts recently spent a meeting shooting nerf darts at each other. They had a ton of fun.

This may lead to thowing thawks at each other. Watch out. :rolleyes:

NRO picked it up as well.  Concluding with these thoughts:

After all — it’s not like water guns are totally banned! You still can use them to shoot at targets! I mean, as long as you wear protective eyewear! Oh, and by the way — the targets are also not allowed to look like humans either. Just to be, you know, extra safe or something. The ban also extends to the obviously very dangerous laser tag.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418635/boy-scouts-ban-water-gun-fights-because-squirt-guns-are-simulated-firearms-Katherine

What we need is some open gay, non-religious scoutermasters to have a water gun fight in front of national while wearing the uniform improperly while soliciting for FOS donations. That should hit just about every hot button BSA is currently experiencing or is being discussed in the I&P forum. ;)

[running from cover from the wrath of the mods]

• Upvote 1

What we need is some open gay, non-religious scoutermasters to have a water gun fight in front of national while wearing the uniform improperly while soliciting for FOS donations. That should hit just about every hot button BSA is currently experiencing or is being discussed in the I&P forum. ;)

[running from cover from the wrath of the mods]

Your post is safe. For now. Big Brother is watching.  :D

There goes another 500,000 potential new members.  Our embarrassment has hit the national media:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/19/boy-scouts-of-america-bans-water-gun-fights/

Girl Scouts have more balls.

The following stuck out to me from the article you posted:

“Why the rule? A Scouter once told me this explanation I liked quite a bit: A Scout is kind. What part of pointing a firearm [simulated or otherwise] at someone is kind?†said Bryan Wendell on the scouting website.

That is just BS (and a few other stronger words).  If you want to argue water guns encourage the use of weapons, fine.  I won't agree with you, but you can argue it and maybe make some valid points.  But don't hide behind Kind from the Scout Law.  Doing so implies playing with water guns is inherently unkind.  That's crap.  Kids who play with water guns do so willingly, eagerly, and with much amusement.  Even when getting waterlogged they are laughing and having a grand old time.  You want to know what's more unkind than a water gun?  Telling a bunch of 6 -18 year olds that they can't cool off in the hot summer while having some fun.

Just more of the feminization, wimpification and sisification spreading over America like a plague, perpetrated by the thin skinned, the politically correct and left wing filth. Call me a redneck but I refuse to participate in the continued erosion of the American spirit, especially in an organization that was supposed to teach and embody that.

When my kids have grandchildren and if they want a scouting experience it will be something like trail life, I won't respect BSA with my support as a donor or volunteer as they no longer earn it, they want to be politically correct and squeaky clean safe to the fault of the program.

Glad this made the media, BSA needs to be seen for the embarassment they have made of themselves, doubt it will change them though but they earned this for themselves.