It's A Different World

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm very honest I have to admit that I'm a happy little fellow. My life is good, I'm very comfortable enjoy what I do and like the people I have as family and friends. I'm not cold, I'm not hungr

Growing old makes you a stranger in your own country.    When I saw the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" as a kid when it was first released, that was my blueprint for what I thought the future would b

Technically the glass is always full, only the media filling it is different.

Ahhh.

That one has an easy solution. Give the embryo a few years, then a gun with one bullet. If he/she didn't really want to have a say, he/she could act accordingly. If he/she is offended that you'd even think he/she wouldn't, you'd better run.

What we really disagree on here is how important it is to have more people on the planet.

No, what we disagree on is the rights of a women to have control over her own body and her own life..

We also disagree on government getting between a women and her doctor :

1) making decisions for the women as proposals that the court or a governor decides each individual case of it an abortion is acceptable to them.

2) forcing the doctor to lie to the women or making it legal for the doctor to lie to women http://www.refinery29.com/2015/04/85242/5-lies-doctors-legally-required-tell-abortion  

3) making mandatory unnecessary procedures (forced ultrasounds, waiting periods between consultation and the procedure)

4) Forced closing of Planned Parenthood clinics with trap laws.

I will counter-propose your ridiculous proposal.. YOU get the embryo to answer your question intelligently as an embryo...

My brother's daughter was born WAY to early.There were children aborted who were older than her.  When I baptized her in neo-natal intensive care, I cold hold her completely in the palm of my hand.

Choices where made. My brother calls her his "Million Dollar Baby."

She's driving up next week from Illinois to visit.  Looking forward to taking her out for dinner.  Her life is precious to me and for me that's all that counts.  Maybe she didn't have a choice in the matter, but her parents did and they chose pro-life.

• Upvote 1

Ahhh.

No, what we disagree on is the rights of a women to have control over her own body and her own life..

We also disagree on government getting between a women and her doctor :

1) making decisions for the women as proposals that the court or a governor decides each individual case of it an abortion is acceptable to them.

2) forcing the doctor to lie to the women or making it legal for the doctor to lie to women http://www.refinery29.com/2015/04/85242/5-lies-doctors-legally-required-tell-abortion  

3) making mandatory unnecessary procedures (forced ultrasounds, waiting periods between consultation and the procedure)

4) Forced closing of Planned Parenthood clinics with trap laws.

I will counter-propose your ridiculous proposal.. YOU get the embryo to answer your question intelligently as an embryo...

So, you feel just the younger females shouldn't have control over their own bodies or their lives? Mom gets to choose if she lives or dies, without her having a say-so in the matter?

But it's all okay if a girl can't yet answer intelligently? How about if she's just 6 months old? Or 1 year?

Hmm, the Scouts in my Troop are no longer embryos.  I'll concentrate on making sure they are taking full advantage of the Patrol Method.  Sure am looking forward to that paddling trip in June.  Some things never change!  Thank God!

Hmm, the Scouts in my Troop are no longer embryos.  I'll concentrate on making sure they are taking full advantage of the Patrol Method.  Sure am looking forward to that paddling trip in June.  Some things never change!  Thank God!

Where ya heading and when?

I was reading the 5th edition of the Handbook for Boys last night and thinking about the differences between 2nd Class and 1st Class requirements.  There was more trust of the Scouts, 60 years ago, to go out and Scout/Patrol on their own.  

Where ya heading and when?

Not quite sure yet but I'm pretty sure it's in the vicinity of Madison.  Our PL is due to give us old farts an update soon.   :laugh:

Edited by LeCastor

Not quite sure yet but I'm pretty sure it's in the vicinity of Madison.  Our PL is due to give us old farts an update soon.   :laugh:

The Mrs. just got back last weekend from a 3 river paddle down in that area.  Said the water levels were pretty good down there.

If your boys need suggestions, let me know.  

• Upvote 1

So, you feel just the younger females shouldn't have control over their own bodies or their lives? Mom gets to choose if she lives or dies, without her having a say-so in the matter?

But it's all okay if a girl can't yet answer intelligently? How about if she's just 6 months old? Or 1 year?

Back to it being a child again.. Since we can not agree on that point, we really are arguing apples and oranges... No brain, no soul, not yet a human.. Sorry..

But, if you must know, I am all for euthanasia for brain dead patients, parents or spouses should have the right to decide even if a living will was not made.. Also I am for a person terminally ill who has nothing but pain or loss of their mind until they are in a vegetative state to choose a quicker, less painful, more humane way to end their lives..

That one has an easy solution. Give the embryo a few years, then a gun with one bullet. If he/she didn't really want to have a say, he/she could act accordingly. If he/she is offended that you'd even think he/she wouldn't, you'd better run.

What we really disagree on here is how important it is to have more people on the planet.

Since AZMike took my comments and altered them to fit his own agenda, Should I then take qwazse statement to mean he is all for handing a two or three year old a loaded weapon and encouraging them to commit suicide or murder?..  Because the life of an embryo is the only thing of importance, after that it is worthless.

I'm never sure about the glass?
Just when you think it's full, someone will fill it full of sand.
Or worse still call "Last Orders"!

As so often happens this thread has taken a few turns and I'm now left thinking about Discrimination.
I live in a "Lilly White" Community.
There are only three black African American families in the school district and no Asian families. I think that
there might be a Middle Eastern family, but the Dad was a Doctor and I haven't seen or heard much about him lately.

There was a synagogue in the next town, but it closed and the building was donated to the town. 

It's hard to discriminate when there is no one to discriminate at! 

My Father told me about how when he left Ireland looking for work and places to stay in England, that he ran into "No Irish need apply". Signs.

But me, being raised in an Irish part of London, never really had any problems.

A few twits used to call us Irish Catholics "Micks".

My brother and I took to calling each other Mick and this was great it confused the heck out of everyone.

Even to this day we still call each other Mick.

When my parents grew up in Ireland, there was hardly any non-white people there and being as they came from the middle of no where, I'll bet if they had been there that they would never have ran into my parents.

Maybe because the "No Irish need apply" signs upset my Dad and had such an impact on him? He was never one to discriminate.

My Mother wasn't as accepting. She called all black people "Darkies" and people from both India and Pakistan were "Pakies" 

Even though she had a Doctor from India who she really liked, she was never very trusting of people of color.

I like to think and really hope that I do not discriminate.

I like women have had female bosses without any problem

I've worked with people from all over the planet and never had a problem.

I've also worked with openly gay men and gay men who were in the closet.

Again with no problem once they found out that I wasn't interested.

For the most part jail is a wonderful melting pot.

Sure for the most part inmates hang out with people who are of the same race.

But I've watched in amazement as Hispanics, Blacks and Whites will work along side of each other, and even protect each other.

The facility where I'm at now has about 1800 inmates.

While I of course don't know all of them.

I have only met two openly gay inmates, both are very effeminate and I'm told that one was going to have "The operation" before he landed himself in jail.

There are a lot of rumors about who is and who isn't gay and who is who's friend. 

But for the most part the entire subject is taboo.

Something that is best not mentioned or talked about.

There are very tough rules against homosexual acts and inmates caught end up in trouble.

I spend a great deal of my time explaining to both staff members and inmates a fairly new policy that deals with the "Prison Rape Elimination Act".

Yes!! I know before everyone jumps up and down that rape and sex are not the same thing and it's more about power then sex and all that good stuff.

Thankfully the videos that we used to have that had a young good looking blonde inmate being taken into a bathroom by some guy who looked like  he ate nails for breakfast have been updated.

I teach a lot of different classes in the jail but this one is about my least favorite class.

Many of the staff members are young guys, not long out of the military and while I have to admit to at times enjoying the comedy after a while of hearing the same old same old it gets just that. - Old.

Because part of the course covers who reports what to who and the inmates are informed what to do if they are molested by a staff member, some staffer see me as being some sort of a rat.

If you have ever dealt with Scouts who give you that look of deer caught in the headlights ? Then you have some idea what it's like talking to a class of inmates about sex. It's not at all easy.

I have been an adult in and around Scouting for about 40 years.

In all that time I have never met or had to deal with an openly gay leader.

We had one Den Leader who left his wife and four sons to run off and get married to one of his sons art teachers but no one seemed to know that he was gay till he left.

I had a great friend and person who I respected and thought the world of (And still do!) Who served as my District Commissioner back in England who I found out was gay after he died.

I really do see how two people of the same sex can have feeling and care for each other.

I don't and never will understand gay sex and while I say that I don't discriminate.

Last night I was watching something on TV, The Night Shift? (I think that was it??)

Two guys kissed each other on the mouth.

While they have every right to kiss I have to admit that I shook my head.

For me it just seemed odd.

Maybe not so long back seeing a black guy voting was seen as being odd?

Eamonn