What's With The Best Answer? :)

Go to solution Solved by Gone,

I noticed one of my posts was flagged as "Best Answer".  Since when is my opinion any better than the next guys?  Who makes this designation and how can they flag one as the best before everyone has had a chance to jump in on it?

Edited by Stosh

I noticed one of my posts was flagged as "Best Answer".  Since when is my opinion any better than the next guys?  Who makes this designation and how can they flag one as the best before everyone has had a chance to jump in on it?

The person who opens the thread has the capability of designating the "best answer" to the original post. The person who opened the thread has the control, though I suspect mods do too.

Okay, just thought it was kinda strange.  This must be one of those undocumented features of the new software.   :)

Okay, I opened this thread, and I don't see anywhere I can select best answer.

Edited by Stosh

Okay, just thought it was kinda strange.  This must be one of those undocumented features of the new software.   :)

It think it is helpful. Rather than wading through all of the threads to see what the right answer is, users can see the "answer" at the top of the thread, then read the rest of they want.

Stosh, you're the default 'best answer' for the forums. All you have to do is post.

(just kidding)

Not a bad idea. Maybe there should be an incentive for more best answers like popcorn sales. I dunno, contribute 10 best answers and win some handy electronic device to take into the woods. Contribute 100 best answers and get a Xbox, BSA edition. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

The person who opens the thread has the capability of designating the "best answer" to the original post. The person who opened the thread has the control, though I suspect mods do too.

I still don't know how to mark a post as best answer.  Maybe I need yet another browser..... :)

Maybe one shouldn't have edited the title quite yet.....  

• Solution

I still don't know how to mark a post as best answer. Maybe I need yet another browser..... :)

Maybe one shouldn't have edited the title quite yet.....

Go in a thread you started. Look at the buttons at the lower right of any post. You should see "mark solved" as an option. Click that and the system marks that as the best answer. ;) Edited by Bad Wolf