I just received a beading

A Wood Badge "beading" that is.

I received my beads tonight alongside 2 of my course-mates. One is the SM of our troop and the other is our Unit Commish.

The ceremony was held at our troop meeting and we had a great turnout -- almost 100% of the boys attended (even our "sportsmen" were there), lots of Wood Badge patrol members plus some of the staff, a bunch of parents and we even had 2 boys join the troop tonight!

Our course advisor/mentor gave a detailed history of Lord Baden Powell, Scouting, and Wood Badge. He's a great speaker and the boys were very attentive. After that, the course director presented us with our Wood Badge "accouterments" . That was then followed by the handshakes and refreshments.

I'm thrilled we had such a great evening to round out such a memorable experience. To those of you who are signed up for an upcoming course, get ready for a fantastic time. To those of you who are undecided -- go for it, you'll be glad you did. Above all remember -- "if you ain't having fun, you ain't learning".

"I used to be will always be a buffalo, and a good ol' buffalo too!"

This is Great news.

I have this little thing that I do when I put my beads on. I stop for a little while and think of all the fun that I have had at Wood Badge and all the super people that I have met and make a little promise that I will pass it on.

Wear your beads with pride and well done.

Eamonn

Great for you! Now that the "hard" work is done, you should continue the path and encourage others to attend. It's a brillant experience that can't be explained until you go to Woodbadge.

I'm still working on my ticket but I'll get there too soon! I wish my group stuck together after the course but I'm afraid that my group is so proficient in scouting, that we all went our own way and into our varied Scout jobs. I miss that when I hear of other groups who still band together. But it still was a great thing to do, no doubt!

I used to be a fox.......

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the sentiments.

Eamonn, nice touch. I imagine it will be hard to not remember the experience whenever I handle the beads, but I like the addition of the promise and the continual reaffirmation. Ill pass that along to my patrol mates.

Scoutmom, funny thing you should mention chips (or maybe not since Buffalo are involved), but our patrol yell was: Well be there when the chips are down!.

buffalo2, thanks I've "herd" that and am looking forward to it. ;)

evmori, wish I had a pun for you like I did for buffalo2, but nothing comes to mind. I will say that eagles are good, my advisor (and course mentor) is an eagle (and a 4-beader). If I can be half as good as him, I'll consider myself successful.

Neilup & Shell: I have and will continue to encourage others to attend. One of our ASMs committed to attend last night (it's difficult to say "no" to the Wood Badge mafia), and a soon to be ASM is already signed up.

Again, thanks all -- hope to see you all on the Lea.