Breaking News

Go to solution Solved by packsaddle,

Satisfaction Q? The Golden Rule without with sense of the environment is a careless approach on this subject. Also I seem to be talking about youth and you go back to adults.

I hate to drop names because we should be trusted in what we say here, but Moose needs more. I simply don't agree with your generalization Q. And one of several friends on the subject is a practicing child psychologist in both the private and public sides. He is also an Eagle Scout, was a SM, and a Silver Beaver. Hope that helps Mooose. But he says that issues with children's sexuality is often the parents and the government causing the problems.

That and many other reasons why I feel we should not encourage these things with scouts. It's one thing for a messed up adult to look back and blame the parents. But add to that scouts?

Also Moose, I work pretty close with a cross gender person who made that choice at age 61. He freely admits he was raised in a very abusive screwed up family and that is likely the cause of his choice. I'd like to hear his...her psychologist response to that.

My point is that more than likely in my opinion the children have less choice than some would to want to feel good about this. Volunteers in scouting should not be put in a situation of encouraging harm to these children.

Barry

Edited by Eagledad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also if this discussion takes a turn, it will be moved to I&P or locked. Play nicely ladies and gentlemen. 

It was clear from that clip that neither the host nor the guest have any idea what the policy actually is, they just know they don't like it. It was mainly an excuse for the guest to bash the GSUSA fo

Well, now we have a problem because there can't be two of us!

"Eighth graders will be taught that individual identity “occurs over a lifetime and includes the component of sexual orientation and gender identity.â€

“Individual identity will also be described as having four parts – biological gender, gender identity (includes transgender), gender role, and sexual orientation (includes heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual).â€"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/05/15/call-it-gender-fluidity-schools-to-teach-kids-there-s-no-such-thing-as-boys-or-girls.html?intcmp=latestnews

Eagledad - I saw no names dropped, so I don't think you crossed any lines.. Lots of people in the psychologists out there, so no way I can track down your friend specifically from what you said. I don't know why (s)he dragged the government into this though, their may be politics about homosexuals, but what to do about gender dysphoria has not become a political ping/pong (yet).. Unless (s)he thinks they should be doing something they are not, like removing the children from the home..

I don't know about your 61 year old friend except to say if they didn't get a gender identity issue until that late, their parents would have no role in choosing how to raise him in regards to this issue.. Maybe they were not the greatest parents, but that doesn't mean that his parents spent their lives turning him into a girl, perhaps they did things that made him prefer to later in life deal with it in this manner. I am also more aware of the 2 to 5 year olds who have the issue and that's where the parent needs to get involved, but all seem to get consistent professional advise to not fight the child over their choice..

"Gender identity disorder" is one of the things I just don't get. But just because I don't get something doesn't mean there isn't something there to get (don't get me started on a lot of modern art! Wrapping a building in plastic is art? I don't get it.).

One of my old coworkers was a transitioned female, and she was kind and fun to talk to. Her transition has helped to make her happy, so who am I to judge? Just because I don't understand it, doesn't make her wrong.

• Upvote 1