Breaking News

Go to solution Solved by packsaddle,

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also if this discussion takes a turn, it will be moved to I&P or locked. Play nicely ladies and gentlemen. 

It was clear from that clip that neither the host nor the guest have any idea what the policy actually is, they just know they don't like it. It was mainly an excuse for the guest to bash the GSUSA fo

Well, now we have a problem because there can't be two of us!

Send it to I&P.

Natural Law has nothing, nada, zip, bupkis to do with "moral sexual behavior" and to insinuate that a 9 year old girl trapped in a boy's body is somehow engaged in sexual behavior of any kind simply because she recognizes that she is a girl and not a boy is as immoral as one can get.

Send it to I&P.

Natural Law has nothing, nada, zip, bupkis to do with "moral sexual behavior" and to insinuate that a 9 year old girl trapped in a boy's body is somehow engaged in sexual behavior of any kind simply because she recognizes that she is a girl and not a boy is as immoral as one can get.

If a 9 year old girl is trapped in a boy's body like you say, you'd think she could tear her way out or something.  If that isn't the case and it's just a mental deiusion, like believing one is a chair or a platypus or something, then she deserves psychological treatment.

If a 9 year old girl is trapped in a boy's body like you say, you'd think she could tear her way out or something.  If that isn't the case and it's just a mental deiusion, like believing one is a chair or a platypus or something, then she deserves psychological treatment.

You might not be aware that the treatment for people with Gender Identity Disorder is to support them in how they view their gender. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity_disorder

You might not be aware that the treatment for people with Gender Identity Disorder is to support them in how they view their gender. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity_disorder

I know. We live in crazy times. If I declared I was an antimacassar, or that I was still 5 years old, I would hope someone would call the men in the white coats and they would try to talk me out of my delusion.

is it the 1950's ? People with gender disorder arn't mental. They have a disorder that is a proper medical condition backed up by bother physical and psychological testing. And thanks to the attitude of people like the above poster they have a very high suicide rate.

It's great when armchair warriors know more then the experts..

I admit that I don't quite understand this, it is harder to wrap my head around then a same sex attraction..

What I do know is that these families wrestle with this problem in their child.. Most of them take their child from psychiatrist to psychiatrist for a year of more trying to find a cure only to be counseled that they need to accept and love their child as they are, and they are to treat them as the gender they believe they are.. This is a very difficult decision for them to make, only made more difficult by anyone who wishes to second guess all the psychiatrists and tell the parents they need to ignore what the experts are saying and calling them unfit or abusive parents for following what they have been counseled to do..

All I can say is I feel for these families.. They have a hard road ahead of them.

Moose, if other people will just practice the golden rule and let others be, it doesn't have to be a hard road. I work and socialize with transgenders and we all have a great time. They still are people with all the humor, talents, problems, and joys of the rest of us. There really don't have to be any barriers. They are living their own lives and ought to be allowed to make their own decisions about their own lives. I guess some of us just can't let that go unchallenged.

• Upvote 1

I have a good friend who transitioned several years ago and people from work and life would come to me and ask ME to explain it.  My standard reply was that we'll likely never understand what it feels like and, to be honest, we shouldn't spend time trying to understand.  It's best to just respect the other person enough to call him/her by the gender s/he desires.  

"Q", I agree: "They still are people with all the humor, talents, problems, and joys of the rest of us."