How Do We Make Uniforming A Viable Method?

My logic is this.....

if it's ok to let the troop decide that they have class B, class C, or class J uniforms.... and letting them define what those mean.... and calling them scout uniforms

How is that any different than the scouts coming together and stating that they hereby change some element of the scout law so that it is more applicable to them?

That said, we do have operating experience with just this idea in the Venturing program.  Crews basically define their own uniforms with the official field uniform being optional.  Why couldn't we push that model down a level?  I've only dealt with a few crews and they've mostly used the lack of field uniform as a recruiting tool.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it depends on what you see as the purpose of uniform.   Young people have a very basic desire to "belong" to something, that's the same where ever you are in the world. And that in itself is

@@Stosh, you'll love this. Went to camp in NM one year. A small unit (12 boys) from AZ were there. They wore the COMPLETE uniform from 1968....including the folding cap. They looked SHARP! One of the

Our unit's QM actively contacts scouts leaving the program to collect unneeded gear. He maintains an inventory and we open it up to any scouts who need gear.