A bit of a spin off, but let's have some fun. :D

Anyone read today's (5-6-15) Bryon On Scouting Blog and the ban on water guns unless you are shooting at non living targets and wearing eye protection? :mad:

Sorry, but in my neck of the woods, water guns are used to keep Cub cooled down at day camp, and help out tremendously. And even with the water guns and other water cooling devices, we still had folks going home early due to heat exhaustion.

Your thoughts?

A bit of a spin off, but let's have some fun. :D

Anyone read today's (5-6-15) Bryon On Scouting Blog and the ban on water guns unless you are shooting at non living targets and wearing eye protection? :mad:

Sorry, but in my neck of the woods, water guns are used to keep Cub cooled down at day camp, and help out tremendously. And even with the water guns and other water cooling devices, we still had folks going home early due to heat exhaustion.

Your thoughts?

It is stupid IMHO.  I would be against water guns that look like real guns in any color, but water guns that are shaped like super soakers don't look like guns.  

I could see the argument about water conservation being invoked which would make some sense.

• Upvote 1

I've never understood the prohibition on items like this (or paintball, or laser tag, etc).  There's no evidence that spraying another kid with a water pistol makes you more likely to pick up a real pistol and shoot someone.

As one of my ASM's noted recently, he's more into the "Guide to Fun Scouting."