I'm Going to the '05 Jambo

OJ is staffing the Bike-athon in Action area D.

I will serve as Scoutmaster for one of the two troops that we are sending. We have just about filled both troops and are ready to send the first payment to National.

We had a meeting last night and someone had the patch it is nice.

I have been trying to talk some of the Venturers into applying to go on staff or even to try out for the Jamboree Band.

Eamonn.

Our council has already filled up their allotment for three troops (108 youth, 12 leader positions) and a standing waiting list exists. Hopefully, we will be able to obtain permission to send another troop. To my knowledge, they have not selected the adult leadership to date. I believe they will have an interview process.

I have been selected to be a Scoutmaster for one of seven troops we are sending. My oldest son will be my third assistant Scoutmaster and my other two sons are part of the contingent. My wife said she was going to Maine. It would be kinda cool to meet everyone here, there.

SM406

Wow Acco, you've got it lucky if all the spots are already filled! We had the leader interview process back in December and was notified this week if we were chosen or not. It then falls to us leaders to recruit boys to make up the balance of boy spots that have not been filled.

We have filled both troops and now have a waiting list. We are asking the Council next door (Penns Woods) If they will be able to take some of our lads.

It seems that there has already been a lot of requests from councils to send extra troops. Last time they did open subcamp 20. I don't know what will happen in 2005.

While not having any outsiders or visitors attending the Jambo might be nice. It would be a shame for us not to allow people to see Scouting at its best. I do however agree that the safety and well being of everyone must come first.

Eamonn(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

This Council has three troops filled and a ten person back-up list filled. All leader positions are filled and we have our first family meeting coming up in a couple weeks.

We started recruiting in about March of 03.(This message has been edited by Bob White)