Singing? For Your Stuff (Edited By Packsaddle)

"Regardless, I see we aren't going to agree on this topic, and I don't see our opinions changing."   But more hurt feelings can be generated.

Possibly, but if we are willing to be civil while discussing any subject, providing antidotes and experiences that adds a little color within the rigid lines of opinion and expand our understanding. Some of us enjoy and expansion of the mind. 

Maybe the error here is we don't hold each other accountable to being friendly, courteous or kind. I get the feeling that many here think that while using the scout law as a reference sounds good for the boys, they believe it to be a silly juvenile way of suggesting behavior on an adult scouting forum. I try to base my actions here by my upbringing and understanding of the bible, but many here openly show disrespect for that reference. So how do we come to an understanding in any discussion?

Barry

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eagledad's on to something here - measure the actions by the Scout Law.   Is making someone sing for a lost item Helpful?  Friendly?  Courteous?  KIND???     Is snatching the hat off another perso

When I started as SM our scouts left their stuff all over camp. Summer camp was a nightmare. I could ask them till I was blue in the face to pick up their stuff, to no avail. My son's 6tth grade teach

There are many who are creating a straw man position that anti singers are trying to remove embarrassment from life. This is not accurate. Again, there is a distinction between the non-swimmer who is

What in the world are you talking about? :huh:

I don't have a clue of what is going on between you and Sentinel. I was only responding to your comment that I highlighted. 

Barry

You said there was an "intimidating discussion" going on. I was curious as to what you were referring to, hence the question. It would help if you quoted those discussions you thought were intimidating.

Edited by Mozartbrau

You said there was an "intimidating discussion" going on. I was curious as to what you were referring to, hence the question. It would help if you quoted those discussions you thought were intimidating.

I was speaking in general to the whole forum. Not specifically of any one subject or discussion.

Barry

I was speaking in general to the whole forum. Not specifically of any one subject or discussion.

Barry

LOl, this discussion is FAR less "intimidating" than the religion/evolution one.  :mellow: