New Pack Meeting Plans

BSA has released a full set of new pack meeting plans.  There's enough of them to cover two years of pack meetings.  Each one corresponds to a point of the Scout Law, but they can be done "out of order" to accommodate regional weather differences and other factors.

I'm impressed.  I've just taken a brief look at 5 or 6 months of the new plans and believe they're very well thought out, integrate with the Scout Law points, and appear extremely easy to follow.  

I know many of us like to customize our own pack meeting plans, but with a framework as good as this new setup is, I see little need to stray very far from the provided outlines.

Check 'em out here: 

• Upvote 2

I passed this link along to our PCC and Cubmaster :) I just covered with them the other day how we'll have a lot more time during pack meets now (with beltloops and pins going away, we'll do the new loops/pins at den meets) and that means more time for activities at them. Great ideas listed. Thanks for sharing!

I only had time for a quick glance, but what I saw does look much better.....  I don't use the old ones.... way too many words..... my eyes get sleepy when I look at them.

These new ones seem to be better streamlined and with a good plan.

Thanks for the link.  i didn't know they were available yet....

I stumbled across it on BSA's scoutingwire.org website.  Some really good info in there.

I really enjoy their weekly emails they send out for when I forget to check there. I participate in their twitter chats weekly and they threw that link out awhile back. I second lots of good info!

I only looked at the first one, but it looks a lot better. My son was cub master for a while, and the Pack meeting plans were worthless to us accept to get the theme..  A lot was not there, and what was there was very unimaginative and boring.

I really enjoy their weekly emails they send out for when I forget to check there. I participate in their twitter chats weekly and they threw that link out awhile back. I second lots of good info!

You mean #Cubchat?  @WarroadPack151 here!

You mean #Cubchat?  @WarroadPack151 here!

Yup, I thought that was you! The internet is but so big I guess when it comes to scouting :p I stick to my name as my handle. Can't seem to remember much else! Although I missed the last two due to work :(

• Upvote 1