Tracking Any Bugs Or Feature Requests For The New Forum

I typed a post.  I clicked on Post.  Only this appeared:  "Posted Today, 07:07 PM"   What I posted was gone.

This has happened three times.

I tried to reenter with "edit" to see if I could recapture what I typed.  I got a popup " You do not have permission for this action.

So better than the old software but still screwed-up.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum members have have been making more mistakes with Up (green) and Down (red) voting.   Can the arrow buttons be made larger and positioned farther apart?   Could members be allowed to change t

Remember Mozartbrau, too much of a good thing is not acceptable in the BSA.  

Faith,   I did a quick cursory survey of the profiles of a number of the members.     Of all the active moderators they have gender marked. (active past 24 hours)   Of all the active members the

Posted Images

I typed a post.  I clicked on Post.  Only this appeared:  "Posted Today, 07:07 PM"   What I posted was gone.

This has happened three times.

I tried to reenter with "edit" to see if I could recapture what I typed.  I got a popup " You do not have permission for this action.

So better than the old software but still screwed-up.

I had a similar experience on Sunday.

I tried to create a new topic in Unit Fundraising and got that error "You do not have permission for this action". Ok, so I tried twice to post it in Open Discussion. Each time there was no error reported and the post was never seen again. Gave up.

Sometimes it works for me.  Thinking back, it seems to be a matter of how long I take to type an edit.   At some point, I have taken "too long" and the entire post is lost.

Now when I click "fundraising", the response is "You are not allowed to view that page." Doesn't seem to be any "Fundraising" pages.... Not even "Stolen Popcorn Money".

Ummmmm?

Um. Please stand by.

Added note: I don't get that message, but I can't see any threads. But when I click on the most recent thread on the right (which happens to be Stolen Popcorn Money) I do get that thread. But I can't get to any of the earlier ones.

Let me see what I can do.

Edited by NJCubScouter
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Could we turn off auto-formatting for thread titles?  I type a thread title the way I want it, then the forum turns BSA into Bsa, capitalizes "with" and capitalizes hyphenated words after the hyphen. 

Its possible. Waiting for Terry's comments to do that.

I want to "second" the request to allow capitalization of acronyms in thread titles, if that is feasible. This comes up on a regular basis, mostly because this forum is mostly about the "BSA" and people want to use that in thread titles. "Bsa" does not look right. And recently someone started a thread that I am sure they intended to title "NPR Story On BSA/LDS Relationship" but it came out "Npr Story On Bsa/lds Relationship." That looks silly.

• Administrators

Dear Scouters!

During an unexpected system reboot (server shut down), the forum went down with the database error. However, after necessary repairs, it's back online. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For now, the site seems to be working perfectly; however if you feel any issues w.r.t login or posting, please let us know so we can take remedial.

Thanks

Scouter.com Management