Tracking Any Bugs Or Feature Requests For The New Forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum members have have been making more mistakes with Up (green) and Down (red) voting.   Can the arrow buttons be made larger and positioned farther apart?   Could members be allowed to change t

Remember Mozartbrau, too much of a good thing is not acceptable in the BSA.  

Faith,   I did a quick cursory survey of the profiles of a number of the members.     Of all the active moderators they have gender marked. (active past 24 hours)   Of all the active members the

Posted Images

Sorry, my screen print didn't download.

Okay when I go into the reply box, I get:

Reply to this topic in upper left corner.

My avatar just below that.

A blue box to type in with a triangle in the lower right side to resize the box.

A Post button at the bottom right along with a more reply options.

That's it, nothing more.

Stosh, it sounds like you are seeing this?

17wDIGs.png

If this is what you are seeing, go to my post above and click on that arrow on the right. That will hide and unhide the editor bar.

Edited by Mozartbrau

Okay guys, call off the dogs!  NJCubScouter tipped me off.

I switched to Internet Explorer and I get an entirely different layout and all the editing features.

Make sure the admins become aware of this.  Firefox is the browser I have been using.

When I come up with a browser solution to the problem, I'll pass it along.

Stosh, it sounds like you are seeing this?

17wDIGs.png

If this is what you are seeing, go to my post above and click on that arrow on the right. That will hide and unhide the editor bar.

Yes, I was seeing your screen print, but it didn't have the black arrow in the upper right of the blue box margin.

Thanks for trying to help!  Appreciate the effort every one put in, but with Internet Explorer showing everything I can at least post dynamically now.  Firefox settings were somehow blocking the website.  Even the site layout is far different between the two.  I'll have to do some research on this and find out what Firefox is up to.

Thanks again.

Stosh, I had a similar problem with the old (2013-2015) forum software, I think I had to switch browsers twice.  Of course, there it was the difference between not being able to use the forum at all and using a poorly-functioning system.  Here the difference is between a forum that works and one that works a little more conveniently.  :)

thanks Mozartbrau for doing the pictures I could not (now how did you do that?)..  

Pretty easy to post screen shots:

1. Use your keyboard to print screen. Varies based on your PC but usually Fn (function) and "Prnt Scrn". Sometimes it's Alt and the "print screen" key.
  2. Open any graphics program. Control-V to paste. Crop or edit as you need to.
  3. Save the file as a png or jpg.
  4. Go to www.imgur.com. Upload the picture (browse desktop, select file, upload). No account necessary.
  5. Imgur will show you the uploaded picture. Click on the picture and the URL at the top will be the location of your graphic.
  6. Copy the URL. Come back here and, using the advanced editor, select the picture icon and paste the URL. Save and post.

That should do it. Let me know if you have any problems. You can PM me and happy to help.

Ok, thanks Mozart. I bookmarked imgur.com.. It was between the need to find someplace to post my pictures if I could not simply browse and attach them to the post, or someone explaining how to attach the pictures directly and not having to deal with the url piece..

I have SnagIt which does my screen capture, but have also used getting a printscreen and pasting it into Microsoft Paint for computers that have no screen capture tool or image software beyond what MS Windows provides them with. I have also uploaded many a picture to different forums.. It was just the URL piece that through me..

Edited by moosetracker

I'm finding the text a bit blurry.  maybe it's a contrast thing or color choice....

It's definitely not my monitor since I've not noticed it with many other sites and local applications.....

What is the timeout on the edit?.. I am looking at my post above and I'm embarrassed over my  using the word through rather then threw.. The edit feature was there right after I posted, it even has a little message I had edited it.. But now I have no option to edit..  I guess time is up to correct, I am left to play the fool :confused:

I'm finding the text a bit blurry.  maybe it's a contrast thing or color choice....

It's definitely not my monitor since I've not noticed it with many other sites and local applications.....

We haven't had any little nips lately, have we???

:)

I'm a forum profile geek of sorts, I like customizing them (don't ask, I just do, lol.) Is there any particular reason why some genders are hidden and some are not? I can't seem to find where you plug that particular info in (sorry if I'm using the wrong thread to ask this!)

I thought the same thing as you Faith, but I can't find anywhere to indicate that.  But with the name Faith and a Den Mother avatar, I bet I can guess your gender in less than 3 guesses.  :)