Tracking Any Bugs Or Feature Requests For The New Forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum members have have been making more mistakes with Up (green) and Down (red) voting.   Can the arrow buttons be made larger and positioned farther apart?   Could members be allowed to change t

Remember Mozartbrau, too much of a good thing is not acceptable in the BSA.  

Faith,   I did a quick cursory survey of the profiles of a number of the members.     Of all the active moderators they have gender marked. (active past 24 hours)   Of all the active members the

Posted Images

I am on a PC.. That is where it wasn't working earlier, and I did try the black arrow on the right as that seemed the only thing enabled, but it did nothing.. Now, on my PC, I do have the HTML extras..  

See.. :)

See.. :D

See ... :laugh:

Do not know what kicked in..

Oh... Now playing with the black arrow on the right I see that the arrow makes the features totally disappear (collapse), then hit again and they reappear.. So earlier when the features were disabled, I could see the features but all grayed out, and click them they did nothing, at that time I clicked the arrow on the right and it did nothing, so it too must have been disabled..  Now with things enabled, the right arrow makes the features show or not show at all..

So I guess people should state if not having the features mean they do not see them, or they see them, but they are disabled.. If you don't see the features at all, then try the black arrow to the right.

Edited by moosetracker

I give up,   Basic editor only.  No little arrow, no formatting, just a place to type.  HELP says there's a toggle switch in one's settings that can flip between basic and rich text formatting editors.  Well there's no toggle switch in there either.

Tried to do a screenprint, but even after loading into the "reply" it wouldn't post.

When I go into editor it asks if I want the "full editor".  It has enable emoticons, signature and follow topic buttons on top and the ability to attach a file on the bottom.  That's it but it was more than just the first screen.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

My comment:   My  aged glaucoma'd  eyes find the light colors and faint contrast a challenge.   I guess I liked the bright colors and contrasting work areas in the last version superior.  As to ease of operation and "user friendly" I will think about that. 

Scout on!

Ahhhh HA.. I found out how to fix the issue if you see the HTML markup features, but they are all disabled.. I came back to all features disabled again, but I found the very top left hand button (to the left of the eraser icon that is labeled "Remove")  is NOT disabled, and hitting that will enable and disable the HTML features.

Here is another question.. I was going to attach a picture of the toggle of showing or collapsing the HTML features to hopefully help those who do not see the feature at all.. When I click on the Image selection I get "URL".. Which I have no idea what to do with, I think that means I have to have some other personal website to upload the picture to and then point to it or something.. Well I don't have that.. Usually I get a browse where I browse to my image and attach it.. So I went to help to see if it had any help on the issue.. Didn't see it in it's list of help items, but found something when I did a search on picture.. It says I should have the normal browse option I am use to.. But, if we have a URL thingy to save the web site from getting large so be it.. Just how do you work it, if you don't have a personal website?

He's getting HTML features greyed out.  I'm not getting anything so he's ahead of me on that count.  I have no editing capability.

I did do a screen print to show what my screen showed, but that would appear in the posting box but not upload to the forum.

All I have is a "Post" button and "More "More Reply Options" buttons.

That MRO button only gives a way to show 3 features (enable emoticons, enable signature and follow topic) and attach files.  That's it, nothing related to the editor anywhere.

"Help" suggests to select the basic or advanced editor in one's account settings.  I've looked all over in those settings and find nothing there as well.  The "Help" doesn't say anything specific about the settings, just that it's supposed to be there.

A spell-checker feature would have been nice too.

I have been working with computers since the days of key punch cards.  I'm not a newbie at this, but this software is not at all intuitive in many respects.

Odd bug. Cannot post two capital letters in a row in a new thread subject line. Posted using and iPad and have not tried a PC. Does not seem to affect the body of a post, just the subject title in a thread. Not a big deal, just odd. Made sure auto-correct was off.

Odd bug. Cannot post two capital letters in a row in a new thread subject line. Posted using and iPad and have not tried a PC. Does not seem to affect the body of a post, just the subject title in a thread. Not a big deal, just odd. Made sure auto-correct was off.

Somehow I don't have any editor/auto-correct features on my PC.  For this reason I can double capitalize things like SM in the post and in the subject line of a new post.  I do notice that the auto-correct on my "smart" phone is a real pain in the butt.  It is more of a hinderance than a help.