I have to admit that when I first worked through this new format and structure I was apprehensive that the reaction in the forums would have some negative components. But as I worked through the trail run earlier today, I realized that not only is this faster, it is more intuitive and it seems not to have the 'bugs' out of the box the way the previous forum software did. So I am very optimistic about this and I hope everyone will look for the bright side while taking a little extra time to climb the learning curve. 

As always, I am thankful to Scouter Terry for providing this forum for everyone. Thanks Terry.

• Administrators

Hi,

Thanks for the appreciation bro. Although a huge effort to migrate from vBulletin to IP.Board, but was manageable at last :)

OK, I can see already that somewhere there is a clock problem, lol. And I'm certain it isn't my computer.

You can adjust your time from:

User Control Panel (top-right) --> Profile Setting --> Time Zone

Note: Members encountering any issues, please open up a topic or post in Support sub forum.

You're welcome, I can't begin to imagine how much work it must have been to redo all this.

However....According to my computer, the Support subforum is locked. And after checking the time zone, the time is still off by 8 hours. I'll check again.

I have not been around much lately, but every now and then swing by to see if anything is new.. WELL THIS IS NEW... Congratulation on the move, the old forum was very buggy one of the reasons I slowly lost interest as it was hard to track active topics. Don't know how much it had improved since the last time I posted, but I guess moving to a new forum means it didn't improve much..

PS.. My time clock is right, I did go up to "my settings" and make sure it was set to Eastern time before I posted.

Edited by moosetracker

Moosetracker, first of all, welcome back!  Stay awhile!

Based on the first few days of this new software, it definitely seems to be working and works very well.  I have not gotten a single error message, as opposed to the old software where even at the end, I was still getting some sort of error message at least 60 percent of the time I tried to post, and probably about 80 percent of the time I tried to use my "moderator's buttons."  (My favorite was when I was moving a post or a thread from one place to another, it gave me an error message every single time, but about 75 percent of the time it actually did make the move properly, but told me it hadn't!  I wasted a good chunk of time before I caught on to that.)

So this is definitely better, there's no question about it.  And I think currently active topics can be easily tracked, there's a column on the right side that does that.

I am hoping that some of our other old friends like Acco and Trevorum might reappear as well, now that the software has been replaced.

I am interested and thinking about coming back.. In fact the past month I was a "lurker" checking in and thinking about posting to a few threads..

My family is still in scouting and I do a training or two, but I moved to working a night shift and it kind of put a cramp on me being involved in scouting as I can't make the meetings.. So although I keep my membership active and my YPT up-to-date, I am sort-of retired.. Still very opinionated though.

Here is something odd.. I just looked up while typing this and all my choices are dis-abled.. Font, size, emotions, Bold, Italics etc.. Is that something in my settings.. Like I am set to plain text somewhere rather then to HTML??? Hmmmm... I will look around at my settings, but if I don't repost with an answer to my own question, and someone else has the answer, I would appreciate it.