Program Improvement Survey Questions

I'm doing some searching for examples of surveys written to gather feedback from parents (and youth) on their perception of the scouting program at the local unit level. I'm not a professional survey writer so I don't want to bias the question phrasing writing them as the cubmaster. Does anyone have examples of surveys they've used in the past, or examples of ones online I can look at?

I tried searching the web but the noise to signal ratio was horrible, and the first half dozen pages of search results here did not show what I was looking for either. Thanks!

I had a friend who does surveys help me with my first self-assessment. I gave him the description of crew advisor from the venturing leaders guide, and he and I boiled it down to some quick, yet to-the-point items. I can't find the original, but here are the categories. I think you can easily tweak to answer the questions about your unit:

First there was an open ended question:

What do You Like Best
(about Mr. Q)

Then there were checkbox questions (rate excellent, good, fair, not at all):

Makes you feell welcome

Encourages you to be a leader

Is respectful toward you

Listens to you

Tells you when you are doing a good job

Encourages you to participate in activities

Makes sure outings and events are safe

Takes time to reflect and review what you learned while doing activities

Thanks you for helping

Then it ended with an open-ended question What You think he Could Do Better

Hey, PbW!

My quick survey of each Scout in the Troop was, by know means, scientific, but it helped me get to know the Scouts much better. Here's what I asked each Scout individually in an informal Scoutmaster conference:

1. What do you think of when I say "Scouting"?

2. What's your favorite thing to do in life?

3. If you could do anything in Scouting what would you do?

4. What would you like to see in weekly Troop meetings?

5. What would you like to do for monthly outings?

This is what the PL should be doing with his Scouts. But I took an opportunity to do this survey then compiled the results into a spreadsheet. I gave each PL a copy of what his Scouts said and asked them to use that information as they saw fit. It's not perfect but I think they get the idea.

LeCastor