Cub Scout Woodworking Projects

Hondaman, the closest I can come to helping you with your Tiger estimations is my first son, who was a Tiger (exactly as you described) in 98-99. The change must have been after that but before second son, Tiger (regular uniform) in 2007-8. 

Howzabout building a fence for your CO? Ever see a 8 or 9 year old use a posthole digger? It is a joy (to me) to see him lift and push that thing, and then "help" his dad/uncle/CM to get it deep. That is satisfaction, getting a deep hole!

You do know that according to the tool use guidelines, a scout has to be 14 before they can use a post hole digger (or a wheeled cart)?

"Aye ,And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. ...."     Since the young Scout is "allowed" to use a shovel. I see no problem with using a vertical shovel , with adult supervision.  Certainly not a powered posthole digger.

And as for "wheeled carts" , if we allow them to pull each other in "Cub Carts", where is the problem with pulling a 2 wheeled garden cart?  Or a 4 wheeled one?  Cubs need to learn teamwork, and there is nothing like watching 2 or 3 or 4 Cubs working together to move a wagon of dirt. 

I purchased a copy of this book

Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction: Build Implements of Spitball Warfare

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Weapons-Mass-Destruction-Implements/dp/1556529538/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430748749&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=weopons+of+mass+discutrion

It will tell you how to build catapults and other fun stuff out of pencils rubber bands Popsicle sticks the whole pack has used a project out of this book and then had a battle with mini marshmallows and it was a lot of fun they did not need to use any tools and did not loose any eyes the parents had a lot of fun building them too    

• Upvote 1