We made my first son's DL a collage of photos from through the years, with notes and signatures on the back- and each boy in the Den made a few minutes' speech to her in front of the crowd at B&G. I got an Amazon gift card, which was handy for buying new trail runners... but the best, for me, was a letter from one of the boys in my Den (who is now my DC in his younger brother's Den) stating what his favorite memories of Cubs were and how much I had taught him. It still hangs on my bulletin board. Rereading it occasionally gives me new motivation when being a Cub leader is making me frown.

Speaking of coffee mugs..... a local restaurant/hangout invites folks to donate their overage of mugs to them. They use them, sometimes makes for an interesting conversation starter. If the handle breaks off, the owner uses a carborundum (so he says) grind stone to take off the sharp edges and presto, a "navy" mug.....They have bank mugs, Scout mugs(!), museum mugs, school mugs, Master Gardener mugs, alla kindsa mugs ....